• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic Baja 1000 “Rain” thread

johndjmix

Didn’t see a thread so let’s get one going. If your not down here I’ll fill you in. This rain here has cause flooding, mud slides, and a lot of erosion on the course!

Post your pics / info here!

—john

Total Loss

Should be fun...
I remember the flash floods in the early 90's at the 500...heard Sal get on the radio, "Every man for himself !"
Kinda scary at Valle T.

jon coleman

Should be fun...
I remember the flash floods in the early 90's at the 500...heard Sal get on the radio, "Every man for himself !"
Kinda scary at Valle T.
Sal covering his a$$ w a leagal audible, rain tips here would be good too, pam cooking spray, mud dosent pack up as much, also stuff old fuel cell foam in nooks and crannys where mud normaly packs up, keep out of hot areas...also pack these in race car
1574355943929292337108.jpg

michael.gonzalez

Confirmed.
Driver Meeting moved to Friday Night.
Race Start moved to Saturday Morning.

Klaus

Administrator
Talking overall 4 wheeled classes. You know the top guys we all like to keyboard talk about.
Since the paradigm has changed into something most are not familiar with. Who or maybe even what class will be in the Top finishing?

- The most calm intelligent driver with the best support team. The one that can adjust to the new environment.
- A 4WD vehicle
- According to @Curt LeDuc a UTV will be in the Top 5.

Or will it be the status quo that wins most of the big races ?

jon coleman

Talking overall 4 wheeled classes. You know the top guys we all like to keyboard talk about.
Since the paradigm has changed into something most are not familiar with. Who or maybe even what class will be in the Top finishing?

- The most calm intelligent driver with the best support team. The one that can adjust to the new environment.
- A 4WD vehicle
- According to @Curt LeDuc a UTV will be in the Top 5.

Or will it be the status quo that wins most of the big races ?
instead of starting sat, score shoulda just added 24hrs to time limit, see who ' s got it,& who dont, impassable??, find a way, you all get the same vcp treatment, whats next, a water truck watering the whole course in san felipe come march??

green787

I agree.... add 24 hrs to the time limit.... The mud isn't going to dry out in a day..... Class 11 could win in these conditions.... but.... It's all about the big money trophy trucks..... like always.....

green787

I agree.... add 24 hrs to the time limit.... The mud isn't going to dry out in a day..... Class 11 could win in these conditions.... but.... It's all about the big money trophy trucks..... like always.....

Klaus

Administrator
Give us your best shot at average mph predictions for Class Bikes, TT, Class 11, UTV

green787

Give us your best shot at average mph predictions for Class Bikes, TT, Class 11, UTV
Bikes 45mph....., TT.....47mph....., Class 11.... 23.5mph......., UTV.... FOUR......!!!!! mph