BAJA 1000.. START AND FINISH

redline

Reaction
holy hell its already almost 50th?!! pretty sure we can all be guaranteed that is going to be a brutal race fo sho!

Chris Tobin

Reaction
Down to La Paz and back would be awesome.
It sure would!!! But might need a couple rest days before heading North so top finishers are not going North on same race course as slower traffic still heading south... If they could come up with completely independent routes it could be continuous and that would be AWESOME!!!

What did they do for the Baja 2000?

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
I have been out prerunning and marking the course, but swore SCORE that I wouldn't reveal anything. I will say this -- going up and back down Simpson's is gonna be brutal. That's all I can say, except that the back loop behind Mike's is really eroded and rutted out -- be careful, companeros! Sorry, can't really say anything yet. :)
Baja TROPHY TRUCK FLYING.jpg

PirruñasRacing

Reaction
I have been out prerunning and marking the course, but swore SCORE that I wouldn't reveal anything. I will say this -- going up and back down Simpson's is gonna be brutal. That's all I can say, except that the back loop behind Mike's is really eroded and rutted out -- be careful, companeros! Sorry, can't really say anything yet. :)View attachment 158380

This guy always comes out with course information that is not true! All I know is that quads and dirt bikes will be starting Friday morning instead of a night start like the 2013 Baja 1000!

JDDurfey

Reaction
The Baja 2000 was around 1834 miles if I am correct. The course zig zagged more than a usual La Paz run. Santo Tomas was about RM 160. The finish was in Cabo. That was my first Baja race, I chased for a pro bike team. We had a number of issues, but finished in 44 hours. I think there was like a 72 hour time limit.

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Yep , Killian, that is a killer photo by MAD MEDIA. I don't know where I stole it, but in no way meant to imply that I took it. All I got is photos of three girls going from Vegas to Reno - ask Joey!

I never know where the course goes, even during the race! Just a hint, however: The Pedregoso,between Tres Hermanos and Uruapan, is a mother bitch nowadays :)

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
Website
bajaboundmoto.com
Down and back... not gonna work. The route is totally doable without backtracking on any sections but I see Hwy.1 being too sketchy with chase going both ways. Plus I seriously doubt the govts. of Sur would allow a 1000+ without the finish being in LP or Cabo. They need the revenue of all us and families down there for more days.

That map of the 2000 above must be a preliminary map. It's the basic idea but not the actual map.

Last edited: