Baja 1000 Sunday Evening @ 6:00PM

burro8

Don't forget Santa Claus will be bringing us the Baja 1000 on CBSSN at 6:00PM Pacific time on Christmas Day evening.

cubed

20 minutes of commercials, 15 minutes of "the mystique of Baja", 10 minutes of "the family backstory" 14 minutes of TT racing, the rest is coverage of the other classes, possibly a mention of class "one half 1600" to amuse the real racers watching....
Still better than 95% of what else is on tv, I'll be watching.

swiftracing5

I watched the replay of the whole series tonight. How did I not notice they used a RC car to do the spec breakdown of a TT?... high budget production value!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

- BP -

Thought it was a good show. Air time for those in the hunt in the main classes of cars, trucks and bikes!

PAB

40's rock!
I thought is was theTT 1000. Not sour grapes but only showed mostly TT. I was a little disappointed.
Not sure how you can say that when they showed a ton of 1, TT spec, UTV, bikes and 10 cars....in the past the shows have been way more only TT and they are trying to show more of the bigger classes

mebedb1

We finished 10th in class and they showed the 1062 Twice... go figure
in the night shots they showed class 10 thru P12
I give it a like.

swiftracing5

Score and cbs must be buying footage from cactus films, because ever since roger bought score I noticed cactus stopped producing decent length recaps with all the classes right after the races. Now they're just doing contracted teams. They used to make great recaps, it's a shame they stopped for whatever reason.

They was lots of great footage in the show last night though, was fun to watch.

Last edited:

y2kbaja

Coverage was good, rundown thru the classes, 2 hours of Baja racing.

My only comments. Didn't Ryhs Millin win UTV O/A? What about Kristin Matlock Ironwoman? And I got tired of the constant "moving up", "looking to take back", "fighting for position" commentary.

JayQC

It doesn't look like you can watch it online after the fact, I hope someone ripped it and puts it up online later I really wanted to see this

Zac Reish

This was the best offroad race show I have seen in years. It seemed more like a pro sport than watching dudes hobby race. What they covered was clear, and easy to follow. I give it an A. I liked that they included Bryce in the commentary and that he was able to wear a red ill hat. That was legit and brought to us a month after the race b

nimrod

KOOK!
I love any coverage of racing in Baja but I think the producers could do better. They need to hire someone with real Baja 1000 knowledge to write the voiceover. It's too much like a YouTube video with too much music.
Why not explain what mile marker and what the time of day is? Why not explain how the co-drivers are watching gauges, gps, changing flats and why they're important? Why not explain about all the preparations and prerunning? Instead of just saying so and so at check point 1 why not say what rm that is and what the topography is like? Instead of 3 minutes of rock as the trucks hit the pavement at acambaro explain about highway speeds and where in the world acambaro is. She's Louise please hire someone with Baja racing and general Baja knowledge to write the voiceover, someone who's down there like 5-6 months out of the year and knows tv, someone like I don't know, how about PAB?

Or just take the easy way out and fill time with stock music and video shots.

Rich Roberts

Not sure how you can say that when they showed a ton of 1, TT spec, UTV, bikes and 10 cars....in the past the shows have been way more only TT and they are trying to show more of the bigger classes
I will suck back some of what I said. But I would not say a ton of other classes though. They did show the Class 1 and some Class 10 and a little UTV love but weak on the bikes and limited buggies for sure. I should have worded my rant better lol!

bajadreamer

Since the soap box is being unused ... I'm sure it was an awesome show...but ;)
I haven't even watched it yet (I have it on my dvr) and I'm guessing that they didn't show anything even resembling a VW... it's only the most recognizable car on the planet.. I would think that the public could relate to that along with UTVs and motorcycles and like 1450 Etc..
I love TTs but they don't show the true struggle of the unbelievable daunting task of the Thou like a little bug or a ford ranger pickup ... and are any of these "truck" manufacturers paying for the exposure? (Legitimate question)
or are the "slower classes" footing the majority of the bill?
... what I mean is can the majority of the viewers even afford anything having to do with the "premiere" classes? ... isn't the whole point of this style of motor sports is that the average Joe has a chance at glory?
... underdog stories sell a whole lot better than who's got the biggest budget ... everyone knows who Mouse McCoy is.. right?
What demographic are they targeting? It must be working idk.

I guess I don't have a clue what I'm asking.. never mind

I do like the Pab idea though

Ok off the box
Happy new year everyone!

I'm nobody from nowhere

Baja Bryan

2 hours was nice. We got a lot of coverage in class 1. Seemed like to much video in speed zones like the start. and to many shots from same location. They went pretty deap in the positions so that was nice. But a diferet shot or angle would have been nice. More action shots at speed not a speed zont or check point. Also would have added to the story with some time gaps. All and all was pretty good. Remember few years back there was no coverage.

JaysinDesignz

Yep, I would really like to have a sit down on the next game plan on shooting races. I have a platform for live coverage from commentators newsdesk, live tracking, incoming race footage, live footage, race updates and everything. I was hoping to see live coverage and these films to be somewhere on the same page.
But, Im off topic on this though its more about getting live coverage better but still the way some of this footage is filmed. I have a solid game plan that even NASCAR fans will tune in race day. Its WSL surf tour meets NASCAR meets NFL meets SCORE
PAB or Roger needs to get me in on a meeting. LOL

2 hours was nice. We got a lot of coverage in class 1. Seemed like to much video in speed zones like the start. and to many shots from same location. They went pretty deap in the positions so that was nice. But a diferet shot or angle would have been nice. More action shots at speed not a speed zont or check point. Also would have added to the story with some time gaps. All and all was pretty good. Remember few years back there was no coverage.

Zac Reish

Since the soap box is being unused ... I'm sure it was an awesome show...but ;)
I haven't even watched it yet (I have it on my dvr) and I'm guessing that they didn't show anything even resembling a VW... it's only the most recognizable car on the planet.. I would think that the public could relate to that along with UTVs and motorcycles and like 1450 Etc..
I love TTs but they don't show the true struggle of the unbelievable daunting task of the Thou like a little bug or a ford ranger pickup ... and are any of these "truck" manufacturers paying for the exposure? (Legitimate question)
or are the "slower classes" footing the majority of the bill?
... what I mean is can the majority of the viewers even afford anything having to do with the "premiere" classes? ... isn't the whole point of this style of motor sports is that the average Joe has a chance at glory?
... underdog stories sell a whole lot better than who's got the biggest budget ... everyone knows who Mouse McCoy is.. right?
What demographic are they targeting? It must be working idk.

I guess I don't have a clue what I'm asking.. never mind

I do like the Pab idea though

Ok off the box
Happy new year everyone!

I'm nobody from nowhere
Hey baja dreamer. Its no longer the most recognizable car on the planet. I own and race a 5 car, id love to see a 5 car on this show, I raced a 5 car in this race, but cars that resemble a VW are no longer mainstream. Actually it is rare today. My daughter had a transportation day at her pre school. Basically the parents that had any type of fun car brought a car for their kids to do show and tell it was fun. Cop cars, harley, 4x4, golf cart, lame low riders, and my 5 car. The kids thought my baja was a monster truck even though the top of my roof was lower than the low riders roof. I explained this car was a modified VW Bug for offroad. The kids didn't know what a volkswagen bug was and most of the teachers didn't have a clue what I was talking about either.

What they are showing on this show these days are the most relatable and mainstream cars today.