Baja 1000 Tracking for first 50 teams

RacingTraX

Reaction
The Baja 1000 is right around the corner and we have enough RacingTraX units from BajaTracking.com to cover around 50 teams. BajaTracking is the best, most affordable way to get direct race-to-chase tracking and communications for the Baja 1000.

How it works:
Put a RacingTraX unit on your race vehicle and a RacingTraX unit on each of your chase vehicles. All units link through the Iridium Satellite Network. Starting race morning, your race vehicle will AUTOMATICALLY start sending position reports every 8 minutes to all of your chase vehicles with it race mile and speed. These 8 minute updates will continue throughout the entire Baja 1000. You can also message between race and chase units, as well as sent texts to people at home. There will be a live race day map at BajaTracking.com where we will update your race position every 4 minutes and as a free courtesy we'll update the position of your chase vehicles every hour for friends and family at home to see.

How much does it cost to rent:
$240 for your first Race and Chase 1 units.
$120 for each additional Chase 2, Chase 3, Chase 4 units, etc.
This includes 50 free messages per unit rented above and beyond the 8 minute race updates.
Just $25 per additional 100 messages.
Shipping

BajaTracking has been used down in Mexico since 2014 and our RacingTraX unit is whats currently being used as the official tracker for BITD since V2R 2016. This is equipment that works and works well. If you are racing the Baja 1000 you are already spending tens of thousands of dollars, don't let poor or no tracking and communications put you out of the race!

To get the run down on how the units work, watch the video below. NOTE: In an effort to not threaten Mad Media or other great film makers like John Tuba, I have made this video as amateur'ly as possible, LMAO.

Please post questions to the thread, I'm sure there are others with the same questions, thanks.

David Clay
BajaTracking/RacingTraX
801-836-5198

Last edited:

Jaypeg

Reaction
I heard very good things about these from other TT Spec / 6100 trucks. Just ordered for B1K

JEFF_DICKERSON

Reaction
Just ordered ours for the 1000. These worked great at the 500, as long as your crew uses them correctly.

JLongo

Reaction
Do you offer prerun only packages?

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
i was one of the first teams to pay but i just cant afford it right now. but i now this is a great system and worth the money

RacingTraX

Reaction
I’ve had a few teams call and ask if I still have units left (thinking we only have 50 trackers), just to clarify, I have enough to cover around 50 TEAMS, some teams are renting 10 trackers, some are renting just 3 or 4. So far we have 29 teams signed up so if you want affordable Race to Chase updates and communications you’d better get on it.

JD sleinaD

Reaction
David, your site notes you ship the units out 7 days prior to the event if the pre-run option isn't taken. Is it possible to receive earlier? Travel schedule would have us on en-route prior to the 7 days. Thx

jtholmesjr

Reaction
This system is CLUTCH for communications particularly in a long race with logistics that are already a big enough challenge. For example, our radio was down at the Baja 500. But our team was getting the updates form Racing Trax/ Baja Tracking unit so they knew we were coming and my co-pilot texted our needs. This will become a staple for desert racing.

RacingTraX

Reaction
David, your site notes you ship the units out 7 days prior to the event if the pre-run option isn't taken. Is it possible to receive earlier? Travel schedule would have us on en-route prior to the 7 days. Thx
For sure, we will work with your team and make sure get you the units before you leave. If no pre-run plan is purchased all units will become active the day before the race so you have time to play around with messaging each other to become familiar.

Chris Tobin

Reaction
For sure, we will work with your team and make sure get you the units before you leave. If no pre-run plan is purchased all units will become active the day before the race so you have time to play around with messaging each other to become familiar.
We're looking forward to using the RacingTrax units with Andrew Hulse and the 1433 in Sportsman! Andrew's wife and my wife will be manning the computer screens and cell phones at home. Any suggestions for them to help them get up to speed with the system to help us out while we are in Baja?

RacingTraX

Reaction
We're looking forward to using the RacingTrax units with Andrew Hulse and the 1433 in Sportsman! Andrew's wife and my wife will be manning the computer screens and cell phones at home. Any suggestions for them to help them get up to speed with the system to help us out while we are in Baja?
For sure, on the training video there’s a part that talks about team members that will be staying back in the States acting as “home base”. Watch this segment a few times in regards to how they can communicate with each chase unit. Make sure you first send a message to the cell phone of your home base guy first to initiate the connection. Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions about this. 801-836-5198

copers

Reaction
I want two units; one for the race vehicle and anoter for the chase 1.
Were i can get this units? I live in Mexico.

Jerry

Reaction
They are great for getting yelled at by Pete, they work everywhere..... So easy a Jerry could use it.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

copers

Reaction
RacingTraX@gmail.com

I can bring the units down to you when I come, you’ll need to arrange for someone to mail them back from the States right after the race though because we’re tracking a BITD Race a week and a half later.
Ok, i will pay two units in racingtrax.com, a can send you the recipt, andyou can bring me the units to ensenada at sunday 12th of november.