Baja 1000 Tracking

Lord Green

Reaction
Does anyone know how the people at home can track the various cars for this years 1000? We like to have a couple of team members at home tracking our car and texting us reports from time to time.

JayQC

Reaction
Last year, trackleaders had good coverage with one extended downtime period due to a lack of simultaneous public licenses or something like that.

It has full replay capability, which was just amazing.

I hope that's the option we have this year, but haven't seen a word about it yet.

An official race day thread on here + Trackleaders + a case of beer is all I need on race day.

jackassracing89

Reaction
On Facebook, check out the Fishgistics page. By far the best coverage out there

manicmechanic

Reaction
Thanks, hopefully I can setup 3 puters on 3 streams and move the fridge closer to my chair.

JayQC

Reaction
Keep in mind it looks like Trackleaders hasn't matched race numbers with the GPS pins, and every competitor is from Chile, and it says "Starts in 2 days 20+ hours" when in fact the race starts Tomorrow at midnight but in the meantime it does look like it's the right link for this year and I sure as hell hope so, because trackleaders is great.

Maybe some racers that are already down there can confirm that the trackers are already working.

JayQC

Reaction
Here's another possible option from bajatracking.com

Live map is up, nothing yet on it, not sure if they track all cars, or just the cars for which they provide tracking services.

BajaTracking | Live Map

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
Are we going to have any Weatherman feed?