• Forum membership has its advantages....

Baja 1000 winner??

B-Dub 1020

How many 10 cars actually raced and how many finished. Also if anyone knows how much did it cost to race and how much did the winner receive from SCORE.

TScott

How many 10 cars actually raced and how many finished. Also if anyone knows how much did it cost to race and how much did the winner receive from SCORE.
X2 good question. Who has the answer come on out with it!!

B-Dub 1020

This would be good info to kinda base what large entry counts (racers working together) might do. I'm totally guessing but 7 class 10 cars , $8000 after entry, chase crew, lodging and food. Winner got $2500 from Sal

MikeL

As hard as this is to post...here it is...

CLASS 10 (Single or two-seaters to 1650cc)—1. Christian Hall, Bakersfield, Calif./Jerry Penhall, Costa Mesa, Calif./Mark Talla, San Juan Capistrano, Calif., Penhall-Chevy, 19:50:03 (35.54 mph); 2. Eduardo Mejia, Atlanta/Jeff Johnson, Bellevue, Wash./Jessi Combs, Ventura, Calif./Patrick McIntyre, Los Angeles/John I. McInnis, III, Gulf Shores, Ala., BTC-Subaru, 23:57:14; 3. John Langley/Morgan Langley, Santa Monica, Calif., Racer-Chevy, 25:36:55; 4. Shelby Reid/Cody Reid, Apple Valley, Calif./Daniel Folts, La Habra, Calif., RPI-Chevy, 25:54:35; 5. Sergio Salgado/Gustavo Pinuelas/Cesar Castillo, Mexicali, Mexico, Jimco-Honda, 25:58:28; 6. Kyle Tucker, Mooresville, N.C., Andrew Comrie-Picard, Hermosa Beach, Calif./Bud Brutsman, North Hills, Calif., BTC-Subaru, 27:42:26; 7. John Martensen, Phoenix/Kelly Ross, Lukeville, Ariz./Kirk Kontilis, Blythe, Calif., MEM-Chevy, 27:49:06; 8. Brian Valentine/Jacob Valentine, Bellevue, Wash./Peter DeSantis/Matt Swann, Seattle, BTC-Subaru, 31:12:35; 9. Peter Hajas, Wayzata, Minn./Steven Hajas, Delano, Minn., Kreger-Chevy, 31:32:10. (10 Starters, 9 Finishers)

After two flats and a stop to replace a bent tie rod, the F&L Class 10 was having a good run and making time on the leaders (-30 minutes to Hall at RM 280, -7 minutes at RM 350) when the transmission broke at RM 373.

Last edited:

B-Dub 1020

Sorry to hear that Mike, 9 out of 10 finished pretty good. Just for the record I know racing Baja is an adventure , a dream and bucket list item for most class 10 racers. That cost vs winnings in Baja does not count. But it should in the states as we have potential sponsors, promoters that can share the love and the oppurtunity to have 20 or 30 cars in class enter a race to make winning offset the expense to race IMO.

RL Detroit

Sorry to hear that Mike, 9 out of 10 finished pretty good. Just for the record I know racing Baja is an adventure , a dream and bucket list item for most class 10 racers. That cost vs winnings in Baja does not count. But it should in the states as we have potential sponsors, promoters that can share the love and the oppurtunity to have 20 or 30 cars in class enter a race to make winning offset the expense to race IMO.
Well said.........but it would be nice to get a cost break down of the teams that just finished the Baja 1k

Andy4

Notice there are 3 BC cars that raced in Class 10. How does Pro 10 feel about the BC cars racing in the Pro 10 series?

B-Dub 1020

Unlimited car with only engine rules. If the engines are within the rules BRING IT we are not scared!! But not SCORES rules they are once again diluted the class with their own set of rules instead of doing what the other orgs are doing and the MAJORITY of RACERS want.

EVO Racing

This would be good info to kinda base what large entry counts (racers working together) might do. I'm totally guessing but 7 class 10 cars , $8000 after entry, chase crew, lodging and food. Winner got $2500 from Sal
$8000 ????? with pre running and fuel..? I was thinking more....?

EVO Racing

I would think at least twice that.
I would be down to race score or even bitd. But a large % of the field of class 10 guys is held back by $$$ and even us at times... Score has a mess of things with new rules for class 10 for next year. I think score will NOT get a large class 10 group at any of its races this year. Bitd, is a bit better on rules but would like to see 2.4 only in 2 seat cars. The major downside of both setting rules aside is the cost of entry fees. For a few guys it’s not a problem but for most it is. Keep it simple pick 3 races you would show up to and race! But pick 3 you think most will come, not your favored races. And to keep the overall cost down a bit, only pick promoter once.
Bitd, More, HDRA, Code, Record & Snore
My picks:
-Parker 425 in Feb

-more 500 in May

-riot on the river in Nov

We just need to keep it simple, show up and race! But we all need to show up! Plaster city is my backyard; I’m willing to make that sacrifice and not race in PC if we come together. What do you guys think?

robertharman

B- Dub - and whoever wants to know - Ill give you a quick cost and winngs. Might not be totally accurate but probably close. In 09 my friends and I did the 1000 in his 12 car - All said and done after the 1000, we spent roughly $27,000. As far as payback - The last time i won a SCORE race 1st place took home around $90 per entry in class ( the year i won San Felipe there were 31 cars in class 10 and i got a check for $2800 +/-) With 10 cars - im guessing the winner got somewhere around $950?
Just my .02 Cents