Baja 1k: 37yr old rider looking to join a team

allimax

Reaction
Hi good people,

It's as painful to post this as it is to read it.

I'm looking to join a moto team for the Baja 1000. I am reliable.

Pros:
I will pay my way.
I will be where you need me to be when you need me there.
I have ridden Baja before, salt lake to Cabo and back.

Cons:
I am not fast.

I planned to chase at the baja 1k for an Ironman rider named Steve Corrie, but he has decided to prerun only. I ran Vegas to Reno with Steve this year and ironmanned the starvation ridge 24hr race in his dust (he's won it twice and got 2nd this year).

I am a responsible guy, have two kids, have run the Boston Marathon 7 of the last 8 years. I've ridden a klr 650 from Phoenix to Buenos Aires, Argentina. Also lots of travel in Mexico. I live in Seattle. Current bike is a 2006 crf450x.

I would love to join your team. Please PM me and we can exchange numbers and discuss.

Thanks,

John
734-644-9041

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
i got you a team bro..

Im getting you the contact info since I got them on fb

Chainguide

Reaction
i would edit your post and delete the 'cons' part. Replace with fast enough to get the bike to next rider without wadding her up. :)

allimax

Reaction
i would edit your post and delete the 'cons' part. Replace with fast enough to get the bike to next rider without wadding her up. :)
Good call! I have gotten one bite so far with help from Manitoba, but they are an ATV team. If anyone is looking to join an ATV team let me know and I can help make an intro, as was done for me.

And if anyone has a spot on a moto team, please let me know.

Thanks,

John

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk