Baja 250 rm260 accident waiting to happen!

jon coleman

Reaction
I posted this on IG but I thought I’d also share on here so we can discuss. There was zero officials of any kind at RM 260 which was a major access road that the course jumped on and off of!

i guess all the civilians on the course were Not aware of a desert race in progress as they were out bird watching

MTPyle

Reaction
It was a total chit show there. Everyone had to cross the course there to get from 157 back to the highway (2 poles) spectators parked there making it really tight. We waited for plenty of room before we crossed to make sure we would not block the race course. After we crossed we got stuck and 4 cars came after us blocking the race course. We had a Spanish speaking guy with us that yelled at the one guys to move and another spectator got all fired up and wanted to fight. I thought for sure we were getting ready to go to jail or the hospital. LOL.

not sure how Score did not see this coming. It was a major course intersection with a access road.

Mike

Bro_Gill

Reaction
By the time I came by there in my 5 unlimited we still had 2 trucks and a Jeep just cruzing out directly on course without a care in the world that we had to go around. We passed close and fast hoping to spray a few rocks in their direction
First- Congrats on the win. And better speed! But! For most of the spectators (and Fish apparently) the race ended when the 1s and TT Specs finished, so course was open. (it's a joke for the obtuse)

Big Whitey

Reaction
First- Congrats on the win. And better speed! But! For most of the spectators (and Fish apparently) the race ended when the 1s and TT Specs finished, so course was open. (it's a joke for the obtuse)
Thanks Bro, well we all know those are the only classes that matter. even though a 5U had a faster time than almost all motorcycles and only 4 Utv’s finished ahead of us.

cjohnson

Reaction
This is typical Baja. There are always drunk locals on the course, booby traps, locals trying to race you in their junkers, cars blocking the course, people standing/camping in horribly dangerous spots, etc. Race accordingly. Or stay in the US where every race is regulated to death and fun is nearly outlawed.

jon coleman

Reaction
This is typical Baja. There are always drunk locals on the course, booby traps, locals trying to race you in their junkers, cars blocking the course, people standing/camping in horribly dangerous spots, etc. Race accordingly. Or stay in the US where every race is regulated to death and fun is nearly outlawed.
you forgot the uppity pre running trophy trucks😵😝

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
We had a hell of a time just trying to get out of there from our pit at RM 158.
Had some asshat in a white Raptor who thought he was Ricky Racer didn't want to let anyone in line to get out. He cut me off and almost nailed the jeep in front of him trying to block us out. Then a mile down the road he pulls over to pee. :rolleyes:

Was like that all the way out to the road. People racing in and out, including chase trucks. I'm surprised there was no carnage on that access road. We stopped up at the road to check our gear before getting on the highway. I had to pull out in front of the ass hats coming out to force them to slow down so we could get our truck and trailer out of there.

And then the shitshow up on the highway at that road crossing was just as bad. 3 lanes on the road and 2 more in the dirt. Luckily we made it back to our hotel intact.

lil manny

Reaction
Maybe this will help clear it up a little for some. If you look on the map, the access road to vcp 40 was then also part of the race course for Maybe 1/4 mile or so just before vcp 70 so all the teams on their way out of vcp 40 found themselves on the live race course with no warning.

Attachments

• 5AE7BF90-203C-449D-B87C-B4B207F3D22D.jpeg
    5AE7BF90-203C-449D-B87C-B4B207F3D22D.jpeg
    822.2 KB · Views: 137

jon coleman

Reaction
Ah, the many lives of
'the Ark'.
Remember the Saturday morning fictional tv show about the dad and 2 kids driving that thing around saving a destroyed planet Earth from pollution?
yup, but little did they know they were destroying what was left with noxious c02 gas from the engine,( i do like the change flats on the fly& up to 2 flats you still keep moving till the next pit

C.J. Hutchins

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
It was a total chit show there. Everyone had to cross the course there to get from 157 back to the highway (2 poles) spectators parked there making it really tight. We waited for plenty of room before we crossed to make sure we would not block the race course. After we crossed we got stuck and 4 cars came after us blocking the race course. We had a Spanish speaking guy with us that yelled at the one guys to move and another spectator got all fired up and wanted to fight. I thought for sure we were getting ready to go to jail or the hospital. LOL.

not sure how Score did not see this coming. It was a major course intersection with a access road.

Mike
They have VCP's nowadays, not course workers.... I bet we had more course workers at the ridgecrest snore race for our 70 mile loop as they had for their 300 mile loop.