Baja 250 rm260 accident waiting to happen!

Surfnride1

Reaction
I was right at this spot. You can see me right behind the corner of the truck that almost got hit waving the driver to slow down so he didn't ram him. Red shirt. It was insane there. I spent the rest of the day waving spectators through when it was open but TBH people did not give one poop. Even a lot of chase teams trying to get through were driving right down the course in huge rigs with massive gas storage units attached. Was an absolute poop show and I have never seen that many people on the course in the 25 years I have been going down for the races.

class5cole

Reaction
I was right at this spot. You can see me right behind the corner of the truck that almost got hit waving the driver to slow down so he didn't ram him. Red shirt. It was insane there. I spent the rest of the day waving spectators through when it was open but TBH people did not give one poop. Even a lot of chase teams trying to get through were driving right down the course in huge rigs with massive gas storage units attached. Was an absolute poop show and I have never seen that many people on the course in the 25 years I have been going down for the races.
We have the yoyo effect. People stay at home. Then you tell them to stay home and spectators come out in droves the following year lol

MTPyle

Reaction
There was not any options but to go thru that spot from RM157 pits. The problem was the locals camping out right where we had to cross the race course. Crossing the race course in a big chase trucks with all that dangerous fuel is fine when there is a opening.

Score should have had someone there or at least some spectators could have helped keep it clear. The race course was on the access road.

Mike

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
There were a few alternate lines off the race course if you knew where to go. 🤔
There was a truck with a big empty trailer that kept going back and forth on the race course, at one time blocking a bike. There were locals as well on the course blocking some bikes. We were pitting around RM 157.

MTPyle

Reaction
Yeah I am sure with more experience down there we would have figured out a better way around. For sure next time we will try and see these issues before race day.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
Yeah only the guys with lots of experience in Baja should race in Baja. LOL

Not sure how they ever got that experience without doing it with no experience but they are the only ones that deserve to race in Baja. LOL

Some of you should not post stupid stuff on the internet. Hehe

Edit- Nothing to learn when you are perfect. The guys that admit they are not perfect seem to be the problem on here?. I think its good to discuss when things go wrong so we can all learn. to say someone should not be racing in baja because of the mistakes they made is really missing that everyone makes mistakes. I think we should encourage conversations like this, not attack the people that are honest.

Mike

Last edited:

jon coleman

Reaction
baja does whatever it wants on race day, the better storys most of the time are from the teams that didnt finnish, w 10miles to go, shytbox racers (ev yota Kyle)story was ten times better than the dood who overall'd it.( who was that again????