Baja 300 Germany

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
I was reading here on rdc about this event any guess on which top teams are going overseas

interesting....

the VW trophy truck team went to Germany, other than racing, via cargo ship.

Baja 300 huh? Welp, see ya later.

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Only the very special.

#16 not going, we are working on winning Baja in Baja, not that we were invited anyway. We don't fir the criteria with 37 inch tires

Maybe they need an open pro bike rider? OX, PAB, JC and Morto ready to slide some "gravel", on bike that is

C.Bojorquez

Reaction
Only the very special.

#16 not going, we are working on winning Baja in Baja, not that we were invited anyway. We don't fir the criteria with 37 inch tires

Maybe they need an open pro bike rider? OX, PAB, JC and Morto ready to slide some "gravel", on bike that is

common PAB you can put some 33's on the truck and still rockon whats the biggest tire for a rally car 205's lol:D

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Sal had Armin Schwartz come up on the stage at the SF250 awards ceremony Sunday AM. They announced this German "Baja" race.... guess it is really happening. I want to go, but don't know how I would drive there.... thru Mexicali or Tecate, or Tijuana?.. help me, I'm lost.

GAME OVER?

Almost There
Reaction
Only the very special.

PAB stop cryin :D you know your alway welcome at our events 37's and all. We wouldnt mind you bein there one bit.

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
We here at RDC are somewhat involved on the Baja-300-Germany project and the drivers will be announced any day now. It is more or less an exhibition this year that will introduce US desert racing to a new market. There will be 4 Trophy Trucks, 2 Class One cars and 4 WRC cars (with current Top WRC drivers), Dirt bikes, Freestyle MX plus other types of vehicles and to top it off a music concert.

There will be extensive coverage on RDC when it all happens.

The Term "Baja" is being used all over the world. There are all kinds of off-road races in Europe that are called the Baja of Spain or Baja of Italy among others. We all know there is only ONE Baja and I am sure they know it too and the naming is rather to honor what we have south of our border. Kind of like there is a Hof-Brau-Haus in Las Vegas when there is really just one.

200MPHTape

Reaction
We here at RDC are somewhat involved on the Baja-300-Germany project and the drivers will be announced any day now. It is more or less an exhibition this year that will introduce US desert racing to a new market. There will be 4 Trophy Trucks, 2 Class One cars and 4 WRC cars (with current Top WRC drivers), Dirt bikes, Freestyle MX plus other types of vehicles and to top it off a music concert.

There will be extensive coverage on RDC when it all happens.

The Term "Baja" is being used all over the world. There are all kinds of off-road races in Europe that are called the Baja of Spain or Baja of Italy among others. We all know there is only ONE Baja and I am sure they know it too and the naming is rather to honor what we have south of our border. Kind of like there is a Hof-Brau-Haus in Las Vegas when there is really just one.

Cool, next they will have the German Mint and the Spain 400 and the English 250 with the Polish 500 and the Russian 1000. I'm glad to see that "Baja Racing" is making an influence on the Euro's! I'm serious, the more racers the better, we all know that rally racing has its place just like BAJA.

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
PAB stop cryin :D you know your alway welcome at our events 37's and all. We wouldnt mind you bein there one bit.

Just hope you guys have an awesome event!

I am just mucking around but really goal number 1 is winning in Baja. I know 37s are okay because I know at least one of the trucks coming has the little buggers on it.

Much respect to Armin and Martin, not a lot of people working hard for our sport and I know they live by the same credo that we do and are working hard to develop our sport. Sal rocks and anyone that is willing to pump up what the Godfather has going on is on the same page with us.

Viva Germany and all those that take part in spreading our disease to the world. Hope they have a really cruddy section that the little dune hoppers and TTs can shine in so they crowd can see the real difference in what and how we race over here.

freddy

Reaction
So looking forward for this event. Finally there's some Class1/TT "racing" close to home, well sort of anyway, the GPS says 611 miles to Berlin and that's nothing. :)

Klaus, I like the sound of "this year" in your post, I get a feeling there might be even bigger things ahead if this turns out well. Good luck with the event and let me know if there's something I can do. Will eagerly wait for more news, drivers, location etc.

And to get these news on my birthday, that's a great gift in my book.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Wow I thought this was a joke until I click on it and there was no Rick Roll.
Cool concept though, can't wait to see the coverage.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
This is no joke, Armin is full steam ahead with the details right now. this is going to be a heck of an event.

That's awesome, and it's always good to have another country join interest in our sport!

DeathMonkey007

Reaction
There will be 4 Trophy Trucks, 2 Class One cars and 4 WRC cars (with current Top WRC drivers), Dirt bikes, Freestyle MX plus other types of vehicles and to top it off a music concert.

:eek::eek::eek: That sounds awesome! What an adrenaline fest!! I only wish I could attend in person! Looking forward to the coverage and hope this becomes the first of many such events.

scary fast hummer

Reaction
I had looked seriously into participating in the Baja UK event but ended up not being feasible. For one, FIA regs are a complete pain in the asterisk if you do not fit into the small displacement/high rev engine catagory (read:exact opposite of my beast). My truck is too big for a car, too small for a T4 Truck (the TATRA, MAN, KAMAZ, etc., beasts). A friend who did do the Baja UK event in a Dakar racer told me not to bother as I would have to shunt around some of the turns as they were too tight in the Welsh forests for long wheel base vehicles.

Klaus, good luck with your endeavor. Keep me posted and maybe I can add it to one of my Garmisch trips (with a little stop at the one and only Hofbrau House!)