Baja 400 Banter

E.Hagle

Reaction
Any course predictions? Looking at the 2019 course map it looked fairly similar to the 2021 Baja 500 with a few sections cut out, obviously.
We're hoping for a large Class 10 turnout because winning a race with 5 guys in it isn't all that glorious.
Considering this event has changed names so many times and the event is still in its infancy a curveball wouldn't seem out of the ordinary as well.

icons-gps

Reaction
Something like that would be very fun. 400 Miles Approx.

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    1 MB · Views: 0

me_be_db1

Reaction
Might we see a start in Town? or the same highway start.
Score posted a video yesterday on IG titled, Check out these epic jumps from the Wash.
inbound/outbound meet at RM40, per the info sheet, and it's right at 40 miles from town to outside Ojos
where the usual pre run start is heading towards Tres Hermanos.

E.Hagle

Reaction
Might we see a start in Town? or the same highway start.
Score posted a video yesterday on IG titled, Check out these epic jumps from the Wash.
inbound/outbound meet at RM40, per the info sheet, and it's right at 40 miles from town to outside Ojos
where the usual pre run start is heading towards Tres Hermanos.
I pray tech and the start are in town. Tired of masks and the rest of the song and dance we’re all doing.

me_be_db1

Reaction
The Finish area, controlled access, reads quite a bit different than that from the 500.
they are allowing guests, crew, sponsors... as opposed to essential personnel to service the vehicle.
all the more reason to think it could be starting in town.

mxben

Solutions
Reaction
I pray tech and the start are in town. Tired of masks and the rest of the song and dance we’re all doing.

Tech was honestly easier being up off that highway. Lots of traffic in town and not a lot of room to load and unload. Likely driving to and from tech from the beach area along that frontage road past fish tacos el johnny.

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
Website
bajaboundmoto.com
If you haven't yet experienced the joy of mega traffic jambs because of the construction rebuild of the Hwy1 bridge over the E-W concrete plant road, well, you'll probably wish for the Tech/Start to be up on the bypass road.

Also, not sure if it will be in this 400 course but Jose G took us on a new section that has never been raced on that was super technical and fun. I forget the mileage but as I recall about 20 miles long. I log more miles down south than most anyone, I search around for new and interesting stuff, I've created some routes that are now race course, and I never knew this section was there. It has gates at both ends. Years ago when snooping around I came to one of the gates and thought it wise to not pass thru, now I know...

ErickK

Reaction
If you haven't yet experienced the joy of mega traffic jambs because of the construction rebuild of the Hwy1 bridge over the E-W concrete plant road, well, you'll probably wish for the Tech/Start to be up on the bypass road.

Also, not sure if it will be in this 400 course but Jose G took us on a new section that has never been raced on that was super technical and fun. I forget the mileage but as I recall about 20 miles long. I log more miles down south than most anyone, I search around for new and interesting stuff, I've created some routes that are now race course, and I never knew this section was there. It has gates at both ends. Years ago when snooping around I came to one of the gates and thought it wise to not pass thru, now I know...
The bridge rebuild and all the new 1 way streets around there are a mess. Our shop is off P. Loyola and it’s a huge hassle.

me_be_db1

Reaction
My hotel is literally right next to tech/ start, I don't have far to go.
Seems the mess will be back and forth pre running and a Major pain for crews on race day.

El Mamito USMC

Reaction

this is some nice news..

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
any idea when the map is coming out?

Chainguide

Reaction
Will the 400 start out at Estero Beach again in the future?
I don't think so and with all this COVID resurgence, I wouldn't be surprised if the Government makes SCORE put the Start/Finish back on the New Hwy 3 outside of town again.