Baja 4000??

biffgnar

I was curious, but when they started talking about doing it in a rental RAV4 I lost interest.

punchdrunk monkey

I'll bite, it sounds like fun. I might preregister.

geronimo5

Who's the "founder of the rally" and "46 year old entrepreneur"? No names attributed. Smells like a M.O. effort.

AZ7000'

Anyone see a date other than January 2017?

TreyP

"F" you Bill
This looks like fun.

I dought MO has anything to do with it. It's too well thought out of a website and he is too stupid to think of this. Read the website it is pretty informative.

trophygoat

I'm all for this, as long as the organizer has a history of running clean races... but lets be honest, if he got permission to run that much of the race through California, he must have some connections.. not to mention this is an awesome spectator event for California, hopefully word spreads on local news and families can make a day trip out of watching the race, which only helps promote our sport

punchdrunk monkey

It clearly says it's not a "race" but a "rally". There are a lot of clubs that run rally's in the US and Mexico. Mainly street cars. My buddies have a older (60's) street car and he does a few Rally's a year. They give you a place to start and finish each day, the rest is up to you. You are responsible for yourself and the laws of the area you are driving. I don't think the promoter want the attention on the news and people watching on the streets. Think Cannonball Run.

biffgnar

It clearly says it's not a "race" but a "rally". There are a lot of clubs that run rally's in the US and Mexico. Mainly street cars. My buddies have a older (60's) street car and he does a few Rally's a year. They give you a place to start and finish each day, the rest is up to you. You are responsible for yourself and the laws of the area you are driving. I don't think the promoter want the attention on the news and people watching on the streets. Think Cannonball Run.
Isn't Dakar a rally?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

punchdrunk monkey

yes Dakar is a Rally/Race. Races are timed. Baja4000 is NOT timed. It says on the website, it is NOT a race.