Baja 500 - 97 teams entered

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
The CODE race is happening this weekend. If that goes well I think that’s a very good sign for the 500.
150 entries out of 178 registered. They had pretty decent access control to registration, etc...

Attachments

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Tavo posted a video on his Instagram that made a lot of sense to some guys. Some of them decided to wait until things are better out of respect for the people of Mexico.

mig29

Reaction
Tavo posted a video on his Instagram that made a lot of sense to some guys. Some of them decided to wait until things are better out of respect for the people of Mexico.
Tavo mentioned putting 140 odd team members at risk, if his team raced. He mentioned PANDEMIC. Being an educated person (San Diego State grad), he understands the folly of extra-curricular activities in the perspective of Life & Death. He's advocating Responsbility -- personally & professionally

"Personal Responsibility & Professional Responsibility"

^^^ what came out of (tragic) 2010 MDR California 200, see pic. See Tony Tellier's El Cheeze mailing list

Yeah, MDR/Patricia was IRRESPONSIBLE for years, MDR run out of a house. See Glamisgurlie & Matt Scaroni's (former TT #27 driver, with his Dad Steve & brother David) RDC posts. Matt tried to help MDR/Patricia, but it was a futile effort ("Never get involved with Idiots")

"Sometimes you give a pat on the back, & end up getting kicked in the pants"

Galmisgurlie's BITD sourced professionalism was INSULTED, after seeing anarchy at an MDR race

OTOH, the crowd (many of them drinking), showed no sense by standing right on the race-course -- at a pretty sketchy spot! Off-camber, 1 mistake there's a race car on top of you. Brett Sloppy's truck rolled into crowd.

I interviewed Walker Evans at a ORE (Offroad Expo), & he commented on how common-sense was not adhered to by the crowd

Attachments

Last edited:

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
When you say folly do you mean a theatrical revue with glamorous female performers Or something different? I’m sorry but I‘m confused. I only did 1 semester of junior college.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Andy just announced he has withdrawn. He noted there are others who also withdrew and will be joining them in raising money for the people on San Felipe. I'd expect more announcements coming soon...

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
Reaction
Andy just announced he has withdrawn. He noted there are others who also withdrew and will be joining them in raising money for the people on San Felipe. I'd expect more announcements coming soon...
I think he meant others that have already dropped out. At least, I hope he meant that.