Baja 500 after action

Zambo

Reaction
This is mainly for those who made their first trip to Baja since covid reared its ugly head. Any problems going down, coming back, or encountered while you were down there? I haven't been since Jan or Feb but I want to take a trip next month with some buddies in our evil UTVs.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
This is mainly for those who made their first trip to Baja since covid reared its ugly head. Any problems going down, coming back, or encountered while you were down there? I haven't been since Jan or Feb but I want to take a trip next month with some buddies in our evil UTVs.
On our way home one of our chase trucks was pulled over in Mexicali for nothing. Guy tried to shake us down.

"OK, lets go to the station and we will pay the fine."

Cop lets the truck go with a warning...

Just like up here, masks were required in stores and public places.

redline

Reaction
On our way home one of our chase trucks was pulled over in Mexicali for nothing. Guy tried to shake us down.

"OK, lets go to the station and we will pay the fine."

Cop lets the truck go with a warning...

Just like up here, masks were required in stores and public places.
Be careful with that in Mexicali. I always tell my guys to argue it and say go to station. Last time did that, idling in a handicapped spot for 2 minutes cost $475 at mexicali court house. lol

cjohnson

Reaction
Had a great trip. No issues for me. Weather was a little hot. Mask usage was about the same as here in Mesa AZ. Took about 30 minutes crossing the border at Mexicali east.

mebedb1

Reaction
No problems, the city livened up a bit on Friday. I went out and marked pits, looked at visuals as we chased the pre runners
on thurs./fri. . I went to the malecon', from el cortez, the back street was open to park but concrete blocked entry to it. A few places were open for Shrimp and taco's... the beach had 12x12's set up, down the length of the malecon', people enjoying the water:eek::)
2-1/2 to 3 hrs. Sat. night at Mexicali west.

Goober

Reaction
Sunday morning had a 15 minute border wait at Mexicali West.
Damn, the CBP app showed 80 mins Sunday morning so we went to Algodones and spent 2.5 hours.

The race was fantastic, no issues other than being hot and humid and my taco shop running out of food on Saturday . Lots of police and military to keep everyone safe.

Last edited:

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
We had a 30 minute wait at Calexico West. Got in line about 7:30am on Sunday morning. I need to find the Sentri lane for next time.
Did they move it again? They had moved it a little west of the border, it was weird/hard to find it and get into it then the last time I was there they had moved it back along the fence, next to the medical lane.

Baja Bryan

Reaction
We had a 30 minute wait at Calexico West. Got in line about 7:30am on Sunday morning. I need to find the Sentri lane for next time.
Score had special agreement to let raceers use the medical lane in Mexicali was it 30 min?