BAJA 500 COURSE MAP AND NOTES

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
It blows my mind after all that BFG does for these races and our sport that not everybody supports them. I mean read Judy Smith's article, especially the part about the guys climbing the mountain so that they could get better range for BFG Rely. Name one other company that supports our sport as heavily as they do.

What kind of tires do you run?

As long as they support us I will continue to support them....

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Syko,

Just so you know, I will only buy BFG's for my truck and 4 seater. Any company goes out of there way like BFG does, the least I could do is buy there tires. Shoot, I've got a buddy of mine that races on Goodyears and he offered me a set for free and I said no thanks. BFGoodrich is the only tire for me, knida like "The offical tire of Racers Only".....Hehehehhee.

MikeLeung

Reaction
Looks some major changes this year. No Guadalupe Wash and no Melling Ranch and only 412 Miles.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Thats an interesting loop around the Mike`s Sky Ranch/Valle De Trinidad. Has anyone been around that trail. I remember the road from Valle De Trinidad up to mikes but it seems a little different. I am not taliking about the turnoff from hiway 3.

sirhk100

Reaction
I'm stupid or somthing cause I don't see the map on that webpage... It keeps telling me I gotta DL some virtual Java thing and my computer won't let me... Any chance of someone emailing me a copy of it to khris@rcd4.us ?

Khris

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
i've been getting that alot with many different web pages. the codeoffroad.com.mx site does it also.
I looked for and updated version of i.e. but i think i have the newest build. 6.0.2600.0000

anyone know whats up?

Baja_Seve

Reaction
Change 1 already out on Score's website:

FLASH!!!!! IMPORTANT INFORMATION
May 13, 2003 - 14:51:07
Disregard course from Tres Hermanos (m.m. 363) to Ojos Negros Highway. New map for this section will be posted tomorrow afternoon (5/14/03), adding approximately forty (40) miles to the course.

NOTE:
Pre-running rules remain the same.

Baja_Seve

Reaction
The road from Mike's to the observatory jeep road is the same, but at the second T he's going west on a rocky ranch road used by dirt bikers. This is all Meling family property. I hear he had to do some grading for the loop north of El Coyote ranch. The next loop after that (before you head down to Tepi) is a very old race course (70's?) that is used by dirt bikes as well. The "deep dip" at RM 192 is a favorite. "Narrow" isn't the word for it. Is he also using Casey's Baja Mex 300 course from Llano Colorado to Johnson Ranch?

With the "new" 40 miles, looks like some great new stuff.

deleted

----
Reaction
From the map, it seems that Sal is using some of Casey's course, those sections were really fun sections.

JEFF_DICKERSON

Reaction
Did anyone else notice the milage error at the left turn at the power station in Vallle De Trinadad? The map says "Rm. 249.6" the course notes say "224.6" What do you guys think?

Baja_Seve

Reaction
It should be 224. The map that BFG posted on their site correctly shows it; somehow Score did not pick up the error with the map they used.