Baja 500, don't be a victim of theft!

Ilovebaja

Reaction
just some ideas so you do not become a victim of theft : never leave documents or money in the automobiles ask hotel if they have a safe there is no need to carry large amounts of cash! you can use the ATM's for a small fee ! welders can make a cage for a truck or even those horse trailers. just saying car-theft-precaution-sign-s-9873.png clutchclaw.jpg DSC00906.jpg para-que-no-se-roben-el-auto.jpg s-l1000.jpg th1RRB2LBI.jpg th5M4AJBSY.jpg th.jpg thKTVZTBRR.jpg thYPJ4E7O0.jpg s-l300.jpg thQTKRBJ96.jpg thPPH0O964.jpg IMG_0020(13).jpg car-theft-precaution-sign-s-9873.png clutchclaw.jpg DSC00906.jpg para-que-no-se-roben-el-auto.jpg s-l1000.jpg th1RRB2LBI.jpg th5M4AJBSY.jpg th.jpg thKTVZTBRR.jpg thYPJ4E7O0.jpg s-l300.jpg thQTKRBJ96.jpg thPPH0O964.jpg IMG_0020(13).jpg car-theft-precaution-sign-s-9873.png
clutchclaw.jpg DSC00906.jpg lpara-que-no-se-roben-el-auto.jpg s-l1000.jpgth1RRB2LBI.jpg th5M4AJBSY.jpg th.jpg thKTVZTBRR.jpg thYPJ4E7O0.jpg

Chris Tobin

Reaction
DON'T bring a gun!!!! Or even a large knife for that matter...

MasTacos

Reaction
Don't ever, ever, EVER take a gun into Baja! You'll make the front page of the newspaper if you do.

Avoid bringing/carrying a knife with you too, you'll end up having long and meaningful conversations with the local constabulary if you do.

If you want to protect your chase truck, get a Ravelco.

Ilovebaja

Reaction
oops sorry guys didn't see the gun in the picture! or realized the pictures posted double!!
agree no pistolas/guns ! the picture was catered more for a man purse

JDDurfey

Reaction
I have one easy theft prevention option that I have used on several trucks successfully. It won't prevent anyone from breaking in to your truck, but it will keep it from being stolen quickly.

I disconnect the starter solenoid energizing wire and connect it to a wire that I can run up into the cab. I mount a simple push button switch under the dash or in the ash tray area that can be hidden or is not easily seen but still accessible. From the switch run a wire back down to the starter so when the button is pushed the engine will start. Otherwise the truck acts like there is something wrong when the would be thief tries to start the engine.

On a 89-98 Dodge with a Cummins the fuel shut off solenoid can be spliced into and do the same thing. In this case the engine will crank over but will not fire due the pump not getting fuel.

A battery disconnect isn't a bad idea either, but a large switch is needed for that and the driver must remember to turn it off or it is useless.

Don't ever leave anything in the back of the truck at contingency or anywhere for that matter. Always if at all possible have someone stay with the truck if it has anything of value or it will be gone when you return.

43mod

Reaction
stock alarms on raptors use the horn. the wires are easily removed by poking a stick etc through the grill. Put a cover over the wires to prevent removal.

buckwild

Reaction
If you want some personal protection down in Mexico especially if you're pitting at night we use bear spray it's basically pepper spray in a small fire extinguisher that shoots 35 feet used to fight off grizzly bears but it works really good on people. I just took the bear spray sticker off the can so now it looks like a fire extinguisher or if you want to be really sneaky and you have a sticker guy make a fire extinguisher sticker put it on I need to do that

Attachments

• 61CZuivFwtL._SL1000_.jpg
    61CZuivFwtL._SL1000_.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 478
  • 71zwn1BkacL._SY355_.jpg
    71zwn1BkacL._SY355_.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 462

Honda48X

Reaction
Try leaving your truck with equipment in the back in vegas and see what's left at the end of the night. Same thing happens in the good old USA. Just camping in the desert by Barstow we lock our bikes together and lock our gear in the truck. Hell we even put the bikes right next to the trailer where we're sleeping.

tedq732

Reaction
I have one easy theft prevention option that I have used on several trucks successfully. It won't prevent anyone from breaking in to your truck, but it will keep it from being stolen quickly.

I disconnect the starter solenoid energizing wire and connect it to a wire that I can run up into the cab. I mount a simple push button switch under the dash or in the ash tray area that can be hidden or is not easily seen but still accessible. From the switch run a wire back down to the starter so when the button is pushed the engine will start. Otherwise the truck acts like there is something wrong when the would be thief tries to start the engine.

On a 89-98 Dodge with a Cummins the fuel shut off solenoid can be spliced into and do the same thing. In this case the engine will crank over but will not fire due the pump not getting fuel.

A battery disconnect isn't a bad idea either, but a large switch is needed for that and the driver must remember to turn it off or it is useless.

Don't ever leave anything in the back of the truck at contingency or anywhere for that matter. Always if at all possible have someone stay with the truck if it has anything of value or it will be gone when you return.

Thanks for the info!! What are your license plate number????? Just saying, would like to check it to see if it´s effective;)o_O:D:p:mad:

JDDurfey

Reaction
Thanks for the info!! What are your license plate number????? Just saying, would like to check it to see if it´s effective;)o_O:D:p:mad:

Ha ha, wouldn't you like to know!

When I was in high school my dad and I put a Nissan diesel engine in an 82 Bronco. The ignition switch was not used to start, but rather two switches on the dash. So we left the key in it all the time because it was still used to turn on all the rest of the power. I can't tell you how many times people thought they could drive away with it because we left it parked somewhere with the keys in it. They couldn't get it started and just walked away.

C4

Reaction
We love Baja and we know that you are just as likely to have things walk away in Baja as you are in Barstow. However you can't be too safe.
cable_lock_copy_1024x1024.png
cable lock tire.jpg

TecateRay

Reaction

Kill switches come in many forms and are the #1 essential tool in saving your vehicle - PERIOD! if you don't have one you are just making it easier for the thieves. If you have a newer truck with complex computerized everything there is still one wire somewhere that can stop a thief. Just put a switch in it.

Ilovebaja

Reaction
13344628_1092496070821581_1952659891736863109_n.jpg 18620266_1510979602306557_2228301727253476741_n.jpg
we have a victim: why must you leave wallets and valuables behind ! take them with you !

Friends: good morning, requesting a bit of your help, yesterday evening after a long day of prerunning we got to Ensenada to eat dinner at Mahi Mahi Ensenada restaurant around 9:30 pm we parked one of our trucks at hidalgo, and realized that we where robbed, They stole 2 backpacks and laptop bag were two laptops, a mac and an hp, 3 radios portable, two portfolios with: licenses, an American passport, visa, sentri, IFE, cards, license, passport, money, everything! We ask if you know or they saw anything let us know as you can imagine we would like to recover everything but the more important are documents: Passport, VISA, SENTRI, licenses, IFE... We appreciate any contribution

Ilovebaja

Reaction
make a cage if possible , thieves want easy access if they see barriers they just might skip you!

Attachments

• TDG1245D-04.jpg
    TDG1245D-04.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 397

rakso

Reaction
View attachment 181465 View attachment 181466
we have a victim: why must you leave wallets and valuables behind ! take them with you !

Friends: good morning, requesting a bit of your help, yesterday evening after a long day of prerunning we got to Ensenada to eat dinner at Mahi Mahi Ensenada restaurant around 9:30 pm we parked one of our trucks at hidalgo, and realized that we where robbed, They stole 2 backpacks and laptop bag were two laptops, a mac and an hp, 3 radios portable, two portfolios with: licenses, an American passport, visa, sentri, IFE, cards, license, passport, money, everything! We ask if you know or they saw anything let us know as you can imagine we would like to recover everything but the more important are documents: Passport, VISA, SENTRI, licenses, IFE... We appreciate any contribution
Well poop. That sucks. I never trust anyone down there. Always try to park where you can see your vehicle while eating. Or pay for parking.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction

SDHQ probably has the most famous trailer theft story there is. Since that happened we have these on everything. Now we have no new stories.

In the end, if they want your stuff bad enough, they will get it. But these usually make them pick another dudes stuff.

ALL OF YOU DOWN THERE WITH TRAILERS SHOULD HAVE ONE OF THESE.