Baja 500 Injury

frankh

Reaction
I heard a call the Steve Greinke got hurt. but for sure it was a class 1200 car driver that was air lifted. but who ever it is I hope he is ok.

kurt

Reaction
Frank - Do you know where it happened? He passed us at mile 80 as we sat with a blown engine, and then shortly after we saw a helicopter circling for awhile, but had heard thru weatherman they were looking for a downed motorcycle guy with some busted teeth. Hope everybody that had an accident/incident is all right.

Outhouseracing

Reaction
Yes, it was a 12 car, he was the driver for Shad Kennedy and a friend of mine he had to be air lifted to San Diego with 2 broken vertebrae's in his back. He will be doing surgery either tonight or tomorrow. I wish him best of luck, and I know Chris will pull through it. The accident was between mile marker 83-87 some ditch in the rode, from what I was told his he hit it and came to a complete stop, speed at or near 60 mph.... Herzog was there for some reason (crashed I don't know) and pushed him off the race course for his own safety and there were pragmatics near by that put him on a stretcher, he was taken to a local hospital where they wanted to do emergency surgery and was told not to and that's when they flew him out. That's all I know for now any other reports I will post.

frankh

Reaction
They were looking for a quad (driver had a broken leg) for a long time. He was reported at like the 85-87 mile mark. The chopper flew it but could not find him. But some other people reported that he was still there at like 11:00. At that rate the will have to re break it to set it. Also heard that one trap was made by some USA people but they got their license number.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Man, thats really sad. I would like to think that someone didnt do that.......We all know that some idiots like to see peeps wreck.Hope everyone is ok...

Speed Safely

Outhouseracing

Reaction
Also heard when the 12 car driver was air lifted another person was there with him with a broken femer.. They told me a motorcycle guy but may have been a quad..

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
On our way down highway 3 we saw a silver Jeep Liberty changing a flat on the opposite side of the road and then 40 minutes later heard weatherman say it was a booby trap built a Silver Jeep Liberty with american plates. That really sucks about the booby traps down there. I was amazed that some dude with a shovel just starts digging and people cheer him on. It seemed like weatherman was on top of most of them though, The one by us was small and the trucks knew about it at least an hour before they were set to get to it. It is sad listening to the injurys and the rollovers and the copter looking for the downed racer. I hope everyone recovers 100%.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Heard some rumors that the Herbst car may have hit the quad rider. Doesnt seem that feasable that early in the race. Any truth to that???

Speed Safely