Baja 500 Map is Up

WickedGravityVideo

This is no false alarm. I guess those guys posting the Baja Pits map last week also had the correct map. This looks just like last year's.... no Simpson's, no Mike's... no Ojos Rollers.... no Goat Trail... course making lacks in freshness and creativity. oh well. I am not even a racer, so what am I complaining about.... new video opportunities, that's what!

Wait till you see what NORRA is up to!

nimrod

KOOK!
You better be ready for La Rumorosa in November.....Sal said waaaay back that the courses would be the same this year to help teams out financially.......

I don't understand why people don't except this......Of course Sal is the Jeffe and can change his mind anytime, but the 500 course last year was a GREAT course!!!!

If you ran last years 500 you can probably get away with 4 days of prerunning instead of 7 to 10......Add up the meals and rooms plus time off work, insurance, gas, sheeze Louise........

To use the same course is a major savings..............

At the Mil the DA will spend a MINIMUM of 4 weeks down there.............Add that up and then try to figure out a way to pay for it......

I'm only speaking for myself and no one else but I'm pretty stoked that it's a little more affordable. That way I won't feel so guilty every time Pab pays for something........Thanks so much for everything Pab!

I know it might be a little redundant to some people but I bet they aren't the ones spending 25K or more to do a race.

Chainguide

This is no false alarm. I guess those guys posting the Baja Pits map last week also had the correct map. This looks just like last year's.... no Simpson's, no Mike's... no Ojos Rollers.... no Goat Trail... course making lacks in freshness and creativity. oh well. I am not even a racer, so what am I complaining about.... new video opportunities, that's what!
The way I read it, we do get the roller jumps just past Ojos

harleys dad

A little redundent??, most of that course has been run since the 1970s, it is unfortunut that there are to few trails to run on these days, turning baja into kinda like Barstow. Same old same old

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
The way I read it, we do get the roller jumps just past Ojos
I agree. I think the start through Ojos and then at about RM 160 is where the course looks different than last year. It looks like there might be less overlap on the inbound and outbound course after last year's mishap.

I agree with Nimrod, I'm happy the courses are the same this year. It's a welcome relief in time and money. Not only do the racers already know the course, but the chasers know it too. I'm definitely not one to need a different course every time.

Nimrod I must have missed where Mr. Fish said all 3 Baja races would be the same. I remember him saying the 250 would be and that the 1000 would be a loop. But I'll gladly take your word for it!!!!!! The 500 being the same is certainly more proof.

A second chance at last year's 1000 course after the DNF will make me feel much better. I thought the section up to Rumarosa was a blast and then going down the grade was incredible, especially when that class 1 nerfed me in my 7sx while inches from a 1,000 foot drop off. :eek: (Just made it all the more memorable.) Looking forward to the 500 and the 1000!!!

nimrod

KOOK!
Nothing is ever set in granite especially in Baja.

I did hear him at a drivers meeting say they would probably all be the same.....

I'm such a Nimrod though that I might have messed up.......I would not be surprised at all if the Mil was very close to the same...........

sidekicker

RIP Lusk & Ox
Nothing is ever set in granite especially in Baja.

I did hear him at a drivers meeting say they would probably all be the same.....

I'm such a Nimrod though that I might have messed up.......I would not be surprised at all if the Mil was very close to the same...........
we will find it out for sure and pre run course if ther few new course out there ?

JD Durfey

Too bad SCORE won't make it a closer to an actual 500 miles. A few miles could easily be added to this course by going to Mike's and Simpson. Would that make it too difficult?

I wish I could race this one. I like this course.

Martin

What is the deal from RM 199 to the turn off to mike's is that all on the pavement? It doesn't look like the way the course was run for the 1000 or San Felipe through Borrego area.

dislocated1

Was wondering the same thing... also what about from Santo Tomas back to Ojos, is that the same as the 1000?

jo maoma

Heisenberg
What is the deal from RM 199 to the turn off to mike's is that all on the pavement? It doesn't look like the way the course was run for the 1000 or San Felipe through Borrego area.
looks to be the same as last year which means paralleling the highway
for 17 miles until you drop into San Matias wash then run the wash for
7 miles until you rejoin the highway 2.5 miles from the Mikes turn off...

jo maoma

Heisenberg
I agree. I think the start through Ojos and then at about RM 160 is where the course looks different than last year. It looks like there might be less overlap on the inbound and outbound course after last year's mishap.
i printed the map and have it layed over last years and the only
difference i can see is in the area before rm 40 and after rm 390....

BuzzChaser

I think RG has a special map.