***Baja 500 Official Caravan thread***

Grant Lenk

Reaction
Website
www.missinglenkmotorsports.com
With generally good success in San Felipe, lets see if we can get strength in numbers and caravan down to Enseneda.

Our team will be leaving in two waves on Sunday the 25th and Friday the 30th.

Post up your departing plans and lets get some activity on this subject.

Good luck to all racers and spectators!

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
PORK PITS is leaving early Friday morning (5am ish) from south OC...I'm willing to hook up with you or your crew. Good thread Grant!

FarrisMotorsports

Reaction
We're planning on leaving here by 6am Sunday morning. That would put us at the border around noon-1pm. Wouldn't mind jumping in line with someone....I woud definately feel a little safer.

Last edited:

RC RACING

Reaction
That's a good thread guys keep it going.
Please be safe out there and have fun

rayrdz

Reaction
MAG 7 pit #2 is leaving San Diego at the butt crack of dawn (5-6AM) on Friday the 30th. We will be heading south to Ensenada for fuel pickup and then on to parts as yet unknown.... Anybody seen a SCORE map yet???

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
With generally good success in San Felipe, lets see if we can get strength in numbers and caravan down to Enseneda.

Perhaps I am reading something between the lines that is not there, but what do you mean by "generally good success"? This wording implies that there were specific incidents that were not successes .. what happened? I am unaware of anything that happened in SF race weekend other than the Class 1 drug guy nabbed and miscellaneous traffic stops. I had the idea that the SF250 was an absolute resounding success!

Bottom line is that let's make the B500 a happy success for everyone involved!!:)
I would suggest that we all need to be extra extra careful of leaving valuables in cars/trucks/trailers. The vandalism risk will always remain high.

squirrel80

Reaction
Bottom line is that let's make the B500 a happy success for everyone involved!!:)
I would suggest that we all need to be extra extra careful of leaving valuables in cars/trucks/trailers. The vandalism risk will always remain high.

Just a tip...We had a F250 swiped in the middle of the day in Ensenada a couple of years ago. Since that happened we try to practice taking the fuel pump relay out of the fuse holder any time we leave a vehicle unattended in Mexico. Better than any alarm.

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Paradigm and I were talking about making a thread about this also, we are most likely leaving Friday morning sometime from the OC.

You dudes from OC are screwed -- you will never make it to San Diego without getting stopped. The CHP in Oceanside and Carlsbad are on high alert (CODE RED) for desert homies with prerunners, uncovered driving lights, no mudflaps, tinted front windows, Ford Rangers with white fenders, flatbill hats, excessive tatoos, Metal Mulisha hoodies, gansta rap music playing, subwoofers that take up the whole trunk, etc, etc. jajaja

Seriously, see you down there - Steeekers? :D

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
DA is leaving in a bunch of waves. Probably some on Thursday the 22 with more to follow early on the 24th. Plans are not that firm as of yet. Will chime in when we know for sure.

Just got back from Baja on Wed. night. the place was deserted. Light traffic and no problemos.

Pretty sure about the big party at Mike's the week before the race though.......

eastcounty61

Reaction
Website
www.youtube.com
Anybody going down Tuesday the 27th were going down then and live in San Diego. The idea of other people to drive with sounds a lot better these days.

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
Just a tip...We had a F250 swiped in the middle of the day in Ensenada a couple of years ago. Since that happened we try to practice taking the fuel pump relay out of the fuse holder any time we leave a vehicle unattended in Mexico. Better than any alarm.

good call on the fuel pump relay !! the starter relay works also ! working in the feild ive found some good ones...

TO ALL PEOPLE DRIVING THE NEW TUNDRA'S !!!!

be careful... your cat converters are worth big money, big thing going on in the oc right now for those cats!!! from a couple of my buds at Fullerton PD

SOOO WATCH OUT !

-nick

DirtPA

Reaction

What time are you leaving Fri morning? Is Randy going down on the Friday morning trip? I've got a truck full of "Boyz Trip" guys who might want to caravan with you if you're leaving early.

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
Website
www.codeoffroad.com.mx
almost 100% sure, Wednesday morning go to Otay and cross the semi-trailer at Customs Cargo Border, hope we can be on the hwy before noon, on the normal crossing will be there about noon with the rest of our trucks and prerunners.

ace_photo

GET SOME
Reaction
Website
www.getsomephoto.com
good call on the fuel pump relay !! the starter relay works also ! working in the feild ive found some good ones...

TO ALL PEOPLE DRIVING THE NEW TUNDRA'S !!!!

be careful... your cat converters are worth big money, big thing going on in the oc right now for those cats!!! from a couple of my buds at Fullerton PD

SOOO WATCH OUT !

-nick

Thats a tweeker thing. Its happening in the Imperial Valley too. Bunch of my friends rides got hit on that one. Go outside and get ready to leave for work and BRAAAAAA - straight pipe....

Somehow they use it in making meth.. Nasty ****-

Grant Lenk

Reaction
Website
www.missinglenkmotorsports.com
Perhaps I am reading something between the lines that is not there, but what do you mean by "generally good success"? This wording implies that there were specific incidents that were not successes .. what happened? I am unaware of anything that happened in SF race weekend other than the Class 1 drug guy nabbed and miscellaneous traffic stops. I had the idea that the SF250 was an absolute resounding success!

By saying "generally" i figure i wouldn't offend anyone that had problems while traveling, As well as keeping the thread on track and not getting too may SF250 stories.

What time are you leaving Fri morning? Is Randy going down on the Friday morning trip? I've got a truck full of "Boyz Trip" guys who might want to caravan with you if you're leaving early.

Randy will be leaving on the Sunday group if i'm not mistaken. we are going to try to take off around 6-7 Sun morning. Our Friday group im not sure when they will be leaving i will be sure to post it up when i find out more details...

We will be on weatherman channel while traveling, great posts everyone lets keep them coming.