Baja 500 post race controversy guesses???

AZ7000'

Reaction
Adjusting lights by a "superfan" on the highway while racing? Racing through easy ups? Helicopter jackassery? DNF on the Podium? Chase team poor decisions?

Seems like following any SCORE race these days come with video footage that blows up a thread or two...

Any predictions?

AZ7000'

Reaction

jon coleman

Reaction
Post race civilian+chasehead bottle necks& then Everyone complaining about em'( call me negrodamas, ,,pro tipp;PLAN AHEAD FOR BIG FAN BASE AT YOUR FAVORITE SPOT,,, PERIOD👍👍👍

AZ7000'

Reaction
Bump....

McMillin vs Score vs McMillin

Rcamp99

Reaction
My prediction=
Andy will win.
Tavo gets second

LR gets a DQ or significant time penalty.

Chainguide

Reaction
Some people may live in a dirty cardboard box, but they still have a cell phone ready to record all the chaos. You can't get away with anything anymore that you used to do just a few years ago.

TJ_Gambino

Reaction
Simply put:
Luke - he was wrong and admitted it plus he will accept any penalty the CRB hands down.
Andy - if he broke a rule that is noted in the SCORE rule book the CRB should penalize him.
Chase truck - find out for CERTAIN which team it represented and the CRB should penalize accordingly.

Safety first here guys. Racing in baja is tough, let's not make it any tougher by continually creating problems.

mxben

Solutions
Reaction
What can be done to include class 10 in qualifying and mix the start order so we don't have to deal with back of the pack Specs. Same qualie course for everyone, start order for the TT, spec, 10, & 7 all based on finish time. Am I barking up the wrong tree. Do we chalk it up to bad baja luck?

Another thought. What if we had to skip pre running sections of course that are known to develop this level of fkd silt. There is obviously no shortage of miles being smashed on the course and 99% of it seems to handle it. Why not just clip certain miles out of the pre run and save it for the race. IDK. Random thoughts.

calstyl2

Reaction
My controversy points
SCORE complete poop show live feed and information, It makes 12 hours of George at a BITD event tolerable
Who ever was is those 2 chase trucks can eat a bag of dicks, I hope they get shown the door for a while
Ampudia, Luke's and Andys incidents are racing events, period, racing in Baja, could things been done better? sure, did the SCORE CEO ever do any stupid poop before cell phones? wondering?
SCORE and their lack of communications is pathetic, you wanna be the F1 of offroad but have this shitshow.
Shane Redline deserves a beer or 6

jon coleman

Reaction
Post race civilian+chasehead bottle necks& then Everyone complaining about em'( call me negrodamas, ,,pro tipp;PLAN AHEAD FOR BIG FAN BASE AT YOUR FAVORITE SPOT,,, PERIOD👍👍👍
WINNA;

Attachments

• download (4).jpeg
    download (4).jpeg
    11 KB · Views: 32

J Prich

Reaction
It would have been interesting to be at 170 ish with the intent of capturing the carnage. I saw some random YouTube uploads but I’m talking about an intentional, skilled media crew to spend the afternoon at that spot to capture it all. That one spot alone would make for a very watchable YouTube episode.