Baja 500 post race controversy guesses???

ErickK

Reaction
That would be fair. Instead SCORE posts 60’ rule Deavation on the GPS marked course in their racer briefs/notes but still allows the few that found the alternate route around the log jam to gap the rest of their class by one hour plus? The alternate route at the log jam at RM170 was at least 1/4 to 1/2 of a mile and clearly a violation of the rule, when questing the race director about this he said it was ok? I guess ok for the chosen few! Especially if you live in the same city as the race director lol.
I think it's been established that the 60' rule is there as a CYA for insurance purposes. Races are effectively VCP to the VCP at this point.

E.Hagle

Reaction
That would be fair. Instead SCORE posts 60’ rule Deavation on the GPS marked course in their racer briefs/notes but still allows the few that found the alternate route around the log jam to gap the rest of their class by one hour plus? The alternate route at the log jam at RM170 was at least 1/4 to 1/2 of a mile and clearly a violation of the rule, when questing the race director about this he said it was ok? I guess ok for the chosen few! Especially if you live in the same city as the race director lol.
I emailed score about this exact rule and never received a response back. We were on track for a win and at worst a podium in class 10 and ended up in 10th because we played by the rules. Next time we won’t play by the rules and we’ll have a written out statement as a paper trail. We want to win as bad as anyone else but we would prefer not to have an asterisk next to our win. Hopefully this previous race was a big wake up call for everyone in multiple ways and score gets back to being regarded as the premier race organization. We do not want to race stateside because we want to race the best and most challenging races available. Score has a tough job and can’t always be perfect, but obvious rule breaking going unnoticed or unchecked is a real kick in the Richard

jon coleman

Reaction
simple, call out the guys who cheated, as per the score rule book, i can sleep just fine at night if i finished tenth ,,, Leagaly, and the guys who beat me broke score rules period

mig29

Reaction
simple, call out the guys who cheated, as per the score rule book, i can sleep just fine at night if i finished tenth ,,, Leagaly, and the guys who beat me broke score rules period
SCORE = joke, it's a platform for cheaters.

"Cheaters never Prosper"

El Cheato

"The Fish stinks from the head"
-- Fidel Gonzales, photojournalist Off-road.com

now Blondie ("I have no idea what I'm doing")

Via Dezert Cheeze mailing list (Tony Tellier aka "El CHinero")
As for why Norman has decided to take the rally path, it seems to have stemmed from an ice rally school he attended in Finland earlier this year. But short, groomed sections of rally course are vastly different than a five hundred mile off-road course. It should be interesting. The Norman that the world (and Race-Dezert) sees is a bit different than the one off-road professionals work for. So many of the very wealthy are a bit tetched. A good indication is to take a look at the numbers of off-road talent that have passed in and then quickly out of the shop in the short time Norman Motorsports has been in business. Roeseler's departure is clearly the most noticeable, but not the the first and definitely not the last. It would not be surprising to see more defections soon as a result. The shop profile in the latest issue of Dusty Times puts a wonderfully glossy but inaccurate spin on the place. The elevation of a part-time construction contractor with little off-road experience -- and none of that with a large team -- to team manager was unfathomable.
His comment about "no drama" in the place had former and current employees howling with laughter.

Racing SCORE is tantamount to getting SUCKED

"He sucks you right in. Consider yourself SUCKED"

Attachments

• succeedfraud.jpeg
    succeedfraud.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 78e.jpg
    78e.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 46

jon coleman

Reaction

"Cheaters never Prosper"

El Cheato

Attachments

• QuaintRevolvingCoypu-size_restricted.gif
    QuaintRevolvingCoypu-size_restricted.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 79

ace_photo

GET SOME
Reaction
Website
www.getsomephoto.com

"Cheaters never Prosper"

El Cheato

Crazy Bob Yen has entered the chat...

AZ7000'

Reaction

"Cheaters never Prosper"

El Cheato

Shortest Mig post ever??

MTPyle

Reaction
I read all of one of his post and finally figured out he has some great points. The dude is pretty smart but hard to understand. He just over proves his point with a lot of random stuff that’s mostly related once you figure out how.

I have learned some good stuff from his post.

Mike

Bro_Gill

Reaction
I read all of one of his post and finally figured out he has some great points. The dude is pretty smart but hard to understand. He just over proves his point with a lot of random stuff that’s mostly related once you figure out how.

I have learned some good stuff from his post.

Mike
You don't know even 1% of his essence!

MTPyle

Reaction
Bro

I have talked to him on the phone a few times. He is way easier to understand on the phone. I actually like the guy and I think he has a lot of great info. Like all of us he is a little off his rocker for sure.

Mike

Bro_Gill

Reaction
I'v eaten with him several times. Unless you actually meet him and understand his persona, again, you haven't scratched the surface. Genius is only 1 term to used when describing him. Super Genius is even more appropriate. And that is part of the issue. Not a bad guy in any way, shape or form, but exhausting also applies.

TwistyItch

ADVERTISER
Reaction
Website
liquidaider.com
I used to work at JPL where I think I read once that Mig works. Guys like him made the job great. Geniuses with opinions and willing to share. Some are not so interesting ranging down to outright boring. Mig come say hello if you get to V2R. I'll be in the LiquidAider vendor tent trying to save lives :cool:.