Baja 500 preerun photosplus childress going for the over all win

Tipracer

Reaction
big whoops with the roll...blown corner? Do you now what mile that was?
We had a fun weekend(my bachelor party), Left from Rancho Santa Veronica about 10ish on sat morn. to Ojos via El compadre...From Ojos got on course to Km 77, just kinda enjoying the beautiful baja weather. I woke Sat morning to find that the guys had attached a blow up doll to the back of my ride...Drove around with her hanging off the back all Sat. Good times...There is a spot around mm62ish with a really large hill, If I were to be filming..Thats were I would be.You are right Ramsey we saw very few people, lots of tracks but few people..

zjohnson

Reaction
its the old three seat Collins truck with a dodge Body

Nice catch, I was just going to mention that, the steering setup is so low on that truck its hard to miss . . . Good to see the "limo" out getting some use

SPROCKET

Reaction
We found this guy (forget his name just remember hes from florida) between La Salada and borrego he was a hurting unit, he was spent and in bad shape so was his bike. We got him hydrated and fixed his bike (damn hondas) the subframe bolts were missing (we used a sprocket bolt and some hardware from the v6 honda engine in my prerunner to get him going) his buddy came back for him and he road out to borrego.

best of luck at the race guys

Attachments

• FLORIDA.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 323
Last edited:

zjohnson

Reaction
Anyone have an idea on the access road quality from the 5 to south side of laguna salada, rm160? I've heard its a graded road, just wanted to know if anyone has been down it lately?

Thanks

Tipracer

Reaction
the exit off the 5 is actually called saldana 2, turn off the highway and it will take you there....takes a while but its a dry lake bed. VERY HOT when the sun gets going, we have seen 120 in that area

JD Durfey

Reaction
Somebody needs to tell the Mastercraft boys that there are no trophies given out to the winners of pre-running. That is why it is called "pre-running" instead of "pre-racing"

Hope no one was hurt.

Nice pics, wish I was going down.

Sheaco

Reaction

call me crazy but i pretty sure this is his old 3-seater!!!! might just b using it as a prerunner but we will know come race day... dont know where that truck went but it would b pretty awesome if he brought it out to do battle again!!!

Yes, it's the old 3 seater turned pre runner with a BB that runs on Ping mex. Real fun truck to ride in too.

nohandslance

Reaction
When you say Childress, is this Mike Childress?

TCRAFT

Reaction
Anybody see the Fines Double Racing crew yet down there....I'm checkin status

nohandslance

Reaction
Thanks for the clarification. Now for my question: If he starts off on the bike, and then pulls double duty in the 6 truck (7200). can he still claim overall? Or is it the entire team effort that gets to claim victory.

cosmo

Super Moderator
Reaction
Somebody needs to tell the Mastercraft boys that there are no trophies given out to the winners of pre-running. That is why it is called "pre-running" instead of "pre-racing"

Hope no one was hurt.

Nice pics, wish I was going down.

Crash was because of a broken suspension part. They weren't "pre- racing"! No one was hurt either.

Reaction
Thanks for the clarification. Now for my question: If he starts off on the bike, and then pulls double duty in the 6 truck (7200). can he still claim overall? Or is it the entire team effort that gets to claim victory.
Team gets the win, Driver/Rider of Record gets the recognition, points and name in the record book.