BAJA 500 PRERUNNER GROUP

SanJuan28

Reaction
I’m just curious if any truck groups are headed to the baja 500 to spectate and possibly Offroad after the race. So far the group I offroad with the majority are scared of going to Mexico. It’s only myself and one other truck making the trip. We’re looking to see if any other groups or overland or prerunner truck groups are going and wanna link up.

Josh 8

Reaction
Pre run 3 to 5 days BEFORE the race. That’s when you will see people and there will be lots of help on the course.

As for linking up.... not many will want too. Taking a newbie to Baja that isn’t ready is a mess. But good luck.

Go to Ojos Negros. It’s about 20 miles east is Encinada. Get on the course there. Plan on camping in the desert and drive like there is 2 way traffic on the course.

Actually. I just looked at the map. Drive down the highway to check 3 and prerun up the coast. Much cooler. Better camping next to the beach. If you cross over the summit it’s going to to be stupid hot on the San Felipe side, like 110+.

Take a case of water with you at all times. Don’t worry about running out of beer. There is a “six” in every little town.

Look for momma Espinosa’s in el Rosario. Must have a shrimp burrito.

Oh yeah. Leave the guns, ammo and dope of any kind at home. Dont even have a stray 22 shell in the truck lost under your seat. That will get you a $5k fee. 2 weeks in jails. All your stuff taken away and you’ll forever be a fugitive in Mexico after you don’t show up for your weekly parole meeting.

It’s really simple down there. The gold rule applies. Have a great time.

Last edited:

AZ7000'

Reaction
El Rosario may be a bit south for a burrito and race spectating/prerunning...

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
Baja cactus and Mama's. Gotta love it.

And the parade on the Friday before the Baja 1000 race. Great watching all the school kids perform. ;)

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
X2 check 3 and staying Pacific side. I will be chasing from check 3 to finish race day

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SanJuan28

Reaction
I’ve done these races plenty of times and logistics are all set up. I’m just trying to spectate something new maybe a good whoop section or a big jump that I haven’t been to yet while meeting more prunner guys that enjoy going to baja for the races.

rakso

Reaction
I’ve done these races plenty of times and logistics are all set up. I’m just trying to spectate something new maybe a good whoop section or a big jump that I haven’t been to yet while meeting more prunner guys that enjoy going to baja for the races.
There's plenty of whoops other than the obvious. If you've done those races plenty of times you should know by now where the good and bad spots are. I'm heading down south the week of the race, maybe Wednesday to Pre Run for two days. I wouldn't mine more trucks tagging along.