Baja 500 Race Day Coverage

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
I stayed at home for the first time in thirty some years; 1) Because I knew my PCI RACE RADIO WEATHERMAN TEAM could more than handle the race and, 2) I am recovering from a skin cancer treatment that has left me with a totally scabbed face and to stay out of the suns light. So belatedly, the joke of the day!

Ed and Nancy met at Papas And Beers and fell madly in love! Ed being a stand up guy, stated he was a golfer! He breathed studied an lived golf! Nancy replied, I too love golf, however, as long as we are being up front and honest, I was a hooker for the last five years. Ed replied your probably not keeping your hands together when you hit the ball.

And this totally fits the thread, as there is always my joke of the day. NOW BACK TO THE OTHER CLASSES.

Class as always... A well deserved day off... I know I can speak for all of us when I say we missed your voice, the Vin Scully of off road... Get well old man..

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

off2desert

Who else thinks they should just let RJ run the podium and do the interviews.? Poor Japanese guy didn't know a lick of english yet what's his name starts throwing out spanglish on him.Sad!

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Is there anyone that could post results for all the classes ??

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
thats a popular spot for spectating from Mexicali, a sentra can get down there,
Did anyvody notice in that video Apdaly the kid PASSING Robby like he was parked ?
This kids have no fear....

Tuki

Does anybody knows what happened around Ojos Negros when the race got stopped for nearly one hour?

mexgamer

Apdaly passing Robby is impressive, it's gonna be interesting to hear what they have to say today at the X games. But if Apdaly was passing Robby then what happened to him, flat? And what happened afterwards because he was way back.

y2kbaja

It looks like the group of spectators were standing in the middle of the course at a y. Robby saw them and "backed off" maybe to avoid them. The guy that was hit took off running into robbys path. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

randy s

so i don't have to back pedal through the thread, what happened with luke? thanks.

Apdaly needs to be disqualified! Totally stupid move - the driver of the race vehicle is the one responsible for what happens on the course - no matter how STUPID the civilian vehicle driver is.

I could have nerfed several civilian vehicles on the course yesterday that were hold me up - it is just part of the deal. I had to come to a complete stop, and then back up off the course for one fool just after dark. I could have pushed any of them out of the way... THERE IS NO EXCUSE!

If he is not penalized SCORE is making a big mistake - my bet is that Roger will do the right thing.

randy s

Apdaly needs to be disqualified! Totally stupid move - the driver of the race vehicle is the one responsible for what happens on the course - no matter how STUPID the civilian vehicle driver is.

I could have nerfed several civilian vehicles on the course yesterday that were hold me up - it is just part of the deal. I had to come to a complete stop, and then back up off the course for one fool just after dark. I could have pushed any of them out of the way... THERE IS NO EXCUSE!

If he is not penalized SCORE is making a big mistake - my bet is that Roger will do the right thing.
what are the chances that royer will DQ a mexican national in their home country though?..wouldn't be very smart on his part in a political sense..we'll see but i get your point.

tim_krueger

I know it's a race, no one should be on or too near the course but thats 2 incidents on video where Abdaly showed complete disregard for the safety of the spectators. Doesn't sound like the roll over resulted in any injuries but passing Robby in a crowd of people did. On X-Games they said he hit a cow and horse too. A driver certainly can't predict that things like this will happen but they have to be able to tell when the risk of something bad happening is so great that they need to let off the gas. It's maturity as a driver and Abdaly does not have it.

MALABANAN

what are the chances that royer will DQ a mexican national in their home country though?..wouldn't be very smart on his part in a political sense..we'll see but i get your point.
Vildosola losses a 1000 for lightbargate, that was petty compared to this.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
I know it's a race, no one should be on or too near the course but thats 2 incidents on video where Abdaly showed complete disregard for the safety of the spectators. Doesn't sound like the roll over resulted in any injuries but passing Robby in a crowd of people did. On X-Games they said he hit a cow and horse too. A driver certainly can't predict that things like this will happen but they have to be able to tell when the risk of something bad happening is so great that they need to let off the gas. It's maturity as a driver and Abdaly does not have it.
Passing RG on the course is not wrong at all, it was RG that veered wide and still I don't believe RG was at fault. The truck video, maybe but the other video showed absolutely nothing wrong on either drivers behalf.

mcornwell

Vildosola losses a 1000 for lightbargate, that was petty compared to this.
That was clearly defined in the rulebook though. I'm not sure if this would count as "breaking the rules" Although, I do agree it was reckless and had the potential for injury.

erikpn

Apdaly should be DQ. What he did is unexcused. Robby turned around after hitting a spectator even thou it was clear he was not at fault. Apdaly just puts the pedal to the metal and carries on. What a douche!

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle

I agree, I did make a sarcastic remark in this thread, the 800lb gorilla in the room.. Do you think it changes the dynamics due to the fact it was a Mexican national? I didn't for Gus, please don't take this as a "racist" comment .

Amxlocal

Official results posted? If so please share.

Official score schedule says they should be posted by now.
Thanks