Baja 500 Results.......Day 27

ML Racer

Reaction
With just (2) classes left for reveiw, Sportsman Moto 250cc+ and Sportsman ATV, I wonder when we'll hear anything from Score:confused:

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
not to mention the grid update too...

ML Racer

Reaction
We, Missing Lenk Motorsports may be the first on this, but I'm going to try and attach what we got from IRC as to our course and speed at the 500 for all to see (not that we're hiding anything:rolleyes:). We had almost 7 hours of down time at RM107 repairing the right front a-arm, another 1-1/2 hours around RM225 for more repairs and when we spun the belt at RM375 due to a lost pulley, we finally had to throw in the towel (RM383) due to time and hopped on the outgoing course and headed for home:( Based on what I've seen, it would appear that Dale and I never "Strayed" off course;) We did take the up-hill "short-cut" before the Federally Check:eek: I will however admit to exceeding the speed limit at a section after leaving Santo Tomas but it was a case of having (wanting) to pass a (local) truck heading north with another heading south. Appearently I hit 71mph during that pass and I should have waited for the south bound car to pass but I didn't:eek: I felt the sence of urgency since Pit 4 was gonna close if I didn't get there time:eek: Anyway, shame on me, it'll never happen again:D

When I open the "iritrack-3" attachment, then minimize it, then open the "09-BJ500-Overlay, it will then overlay the "marked course" with our course and speeds. It's pretty cool and if I do this right, ya'll can check it out!!

OK, I'm having problems attaching it????? It's a Google Earth "KMZ" file and I'll need help:eek:

Chainguide

Reaction
We, Missing Lenk Motorsports may be the first on this, but I'm going to try and attach what we got from IRC as to our course and speed at the 500 for all to see (not that we're hiding anything:rolleyes:). We had almost 7 hours of down time at RM107 repairing the right front a-arm, another 1-1/2 hours around RM225 for more repairs and when we spun the belt at RM375 due to a lost pulley, we finally had to throw in the towel (RM383) due to time and hopped on the outgoing course and headed for home:( Based on what I've seen, it would appear that Dale and I never "Strayed" off course;) We did take the up-hill "short-cut" before the Federally Check:eek: I will however admit to exceeding the speed limit at a section after leaving Santo Tomas but it was a case of having (wanting) to pass a (local) truck heading north with another heading south. Appearently I hit 71mph during that pass and I should have waited for the south bound car to pass but I didn't:eek: I felt the sence of urgency since Pit 4 was gonna close if I didn't get there time:eek: Anyway, shame on me, it'll never happen again:D

When I open the "iritrack-3" attachment, then minimize it, then open the "09-BJ500-Overlay, it will then overlay the "marked course" with our course and speeds. It's pretty cool and if I do this right, ya'll can check it out!!

OK, I'm having problems attaching it????? It's a Google Earth "KMZ" file and I'll need help:eek:
Good on ya for wanting to post it up. I was thinking that there should be a place on RDC to put them all voluntarily up. Then we could use them to discuss areas of concern with SCORE.

ML Racer

Reaction
Good on ya for wanting to post it up. I was thinking that there should be a place on RDC to put them all voluntarily up. Then we could use them to discuss areas of concern with SCORE.
I'll post it if somebody can help on how to do it! I've attached stuff before, but these kmz files ain't working wit me:confused:

Hbomber

Reaction
It would be great to see everyone's IRC data. I wonder how accurate SCORE was in reviewing the data. I have seen 2 from the Baja 500 and there are major questions on both. If 2 out of 2 have issues, it would lead me to believe there are many more. Everyone is so quick to congratulate the racers that weren't penalized, but how do you really know that they didn't deviate, speed, and have all of their data unless it is made public? And were the penalties even correct for the teams that were penalized? I really think SCORE needs to quite avoiding it's racers/customers and address our questions. I think anyone that supports equal enforcement of rules should be in support of a Competition Review Board to help define what the rules are and how they are going to be enforced.

Racers, crew, and fans of desert racing should all sign this petition.

http://www.gopetition.com/online/29055.html

TauMau

Reaction
I'll post it if somebody can help on how to do it! I've attached stuff before, but these kmz files ain't working wit me:confused:
Not sure what the overlay looks like, but you can open it up on your computer and then hit "PrtSc" to take a Screen shot. Go to Paint or a similar photo editing program, hit paste (ctrl+v) and save it as a .jpg

Attach the new file the usual way.

ML Racer

Reaction
I'm getting ready to start the BBQ, but if someone knows how to download a kmz file, PM me your e-dress and I'll send you the files so you can do it!!!

Zambo

Reaction
Are you trying to post the file here? If so, compress it into a .zip file and then upload it.

Chainguide

Reaction
Who should I contact about this?
My idea is to form a repository (depository?) to upload IRC tracks for public viewing in an organized manner. It would have folders for each race so you could search and download. It might open up Pandora's Box but who knows? Let 'er rip!

ML Racer

Reaction
Are you trying to post the file here? If so, compress it into a .zip file and then upload it.
Post a file?.......Yes.......a kmz file!!!!
Compress to a zip file:confused: me no understand????
Laymans terms please?????

Reaction
yeah, this is turning into a fiasco REAL quick for a lot of you guys. I haven't run/assisted with a score checkpoint in a while, but I never remember it being like this...

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ok here are the #108 files. Download BOTH of them. Then open the OVERLAY one with Google Earth. Once its open open the 108 file. It will take upto 5 min to load. But ones it loads you will see a blue line which is the course. Then all of the yellow thumb tacks around are the course the car took, each of the thumb tacks has a # next to it. Thats the SPEED of the car at that point. The highway sections are highlighted in RED where there was the 60mph speed limit.

Attachments

ML Racer

Reaction
Thanks fishd00d,
Is everyone able to download it ok?
Do we want to start a new thread for the BJ500 IRC downloads?

North of Santo Tomas speed cheater :D

ML Racer

Reaction
I guess nobody else wants to put their IRC tracking info up for review:rolleyes:

Chase 2

Reaction
You guys realize that a GPS track overlaid onto GoogleEarth may not appear to be that accurate...right??. GoogleEarth is a composite of Sat. Photos and each photo is only accurate (scale wise) at it's center. However, the SCORE data and the IRC data should be pretty close even if they do both appear to be 20 to 30 ft off of what looks like a trail or road.

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
Thanks for posting. That's very interesting to look at. Is this all they have to go on when they hand out course penaties? Or do they see more detail than this?

There are some gaps in the data that I don't understand. For example right after check 3 right where people were penalized for being off course there is a 1/4 mile gap in your data. You see these gaps in several places around the course. Any idea what causes this?

Also I guess the line you took at rm 20 would have been a penalty?