Baja 500 Solo Finishers

UOURacing

I was just curious if anybody had any info concerning the solo entries especially Bikes 251x (Eric Anderson) and 208x (Walt Lemonovich). I met these guys during tech and during staging at the start. Both of these guys were super cool and great to talk to. I wish my solo effort had an end at the finish line, but unfortunately it didn't!

Chase 2

First Solo was Gabe Williams on 15x

cosmo

Super Moderator
208x did not finish. He pulled into our pit at rm 100. Hurt his leg, we had an emt there that wrapped his leg up. He followed us out to the hwy. Then to Valley T for nore help,yes he was a nice guy. I think he;ll come back!

BGRANT

Thought Gabe took a rock to the head? I am sure he will elaboarte if he is lurking.

TreyP

"F" you Bill
First Solo was Gabe Williams on 15x
jajaja not going to touch the 15X story but Gabe was 13X. 15X was Colton and OX kicking the A teams rear for most of the race.

Gabe is an animal, takes a rock to the head and finishes. Total respect to him.

charlie_brown

208x did not finish. He pulled into our pit at rm 100. Hurt his leg, we had an emt there that wrapped his leg up. He followed us out to the hwy. Then to Valley T for nore help,yes he was a nice guy. I think he;ll come back!
i remember 208x. i was working the road crossing at 79.5. he ask me to call weatherman and let him know that he was out, hurt and ridding back to ensanada to a doctor for his leg. i did not see anything wrong, he had no blood, and walked fine, so i just asked him if that is what he wanted to do or i could call for help. he wanted to go.

UOURacing

I pulled out at checkpoint 2, I had about 8 hours to complete the 2nd leg of the course. I knew I would time out. I got caught by the trophys and class 1's descending the summit and I pulled over to let everyone by, after burning that time, I fought the washes and silt. By the time I uncorked it on the good trails and the dry lake bed, it was too little too late. The 38 miles after the Baja Pit on Laguna Salada put a boot in my arse as well!! I made my last pit and pulled out onto Hwy 3 and rode 120 miles to my hotel. I rolled into my courtyard at Quintas Papagayo at about 5:00 am. My crew consisted of two cousins who were new to Baja and I did not want to lean on them unless it was absolutely necesssary, plus my sat phone comms were not that great. Thank God for SPOT tracker and the PCI gps download, it was the best money I spent!

In my area of east Texas, we just don't have stuff like that!! I'm racking my brain to find something similar within a reasonable driving distance to train on. Will I be back and do it again? Hells yes!!! Solo? Probably not! I want a finisher's pin!!!

Thanks be to God for a safe time and for watching over me and my bike. The 2007 CRF250X prepped by Cycle Zone of Texarkana never missed a beat!!

deathboxgrinder

Bill, How you doing? Come down to Provo and lets go ride this week!

Yeah, 13x (me), rolled in first solo & yes I got a few stitches in my head. There's some photos & story on Thumpertalk Baja.

JP Cyr (306) was the 2nd place solo rider. Not sure after that.

Congratulations to all the solo riders and thanks to Baja Bound Moto & MX1West/Acerbis.

If anyone know who the Checkers pitting just south of Erindera were, please PM me so I can thank them.

Thought Gabe took a rock to the head? I am sure he will elaboarte if he is lurking.

Chase 2

jajaja not going to touch the 15X story but Gabe was 13X. 15X was Colton and OX kicking the A teams rear for most of the race.

Gabe is an animal, takes a rock to the head and finishes. Total respect to him.
Dooh! My bad PUI...... LOL!!!

BGRANT

Yeah, 13x (me), rolled in first solo & yes I got a few stitches in my head. There's some photos & story on Thumpertalk Baja.

Congratulations to all the solo riders and thanks to Baja Bound Moto & MX1West/Acerbis.

If anyone know who the Checkers pitting just south of Erindera were, please PM me so I can thank them.
Brother in town next week. Aftert that though for sure. How about PABs baja ride?

kenweld

BAJA 500 SOLO #299X Street Legal 2002 Honda XR650R is on display at San Diego Fun Bike Center when not being raced. I ride it to the race from my house in San Diego, race and finish the Baja SOLO and then ride it back to Fun Bike Center and display it DIRTY on the show room floor if you want to check it out.

See you all at the Baja 1000

Ken

Califxr

BAJA 500 SOLO #299X Street Legal 2002 Honda XR650R is on display at San Diego Fun Bike Center when not being raced. I ride it to the race from my house in San Diego, race and finish the Baja SOLO and then ride it back to Fun Bike Center and display it DIRTY on the show room floor if you want to check it out.

Ken
Nice one Ken!
XR Gene

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle

Ken
Way to go Ken ,another solo finish!!!! See you at the store soon...
BTW How long did it take this time?:):)

kenweld

SHANNON

About 18 hours for the SOLO Baja 500

Are you racing at the 1000? See you at the store

mgobaja

I was the one who patched you up, along with my pit buddies ( the one who sent you the picture ), glad to see you finished, we figured you would soldier on, but were still concerened.