Baja 500 TRUCK BREAK IN

mwilsonphoto.com

Reaction
Well I went to Baja Wed morning. Went to Hotel California to check in. Went to town at 1pm PURE DAYLIGHT. I parked my truck about 5 car lengths from the entrance of HOTEL SAN NICOLAS. By the Yokohama trailer. I was stoked to get a spot so close and next to the fence where the San Nicolas has gated parking. Also many other chase vehicles were parked next to me and racers were walking all around. How much safer than that I thought. I was gone for about 45mins. Went to get tacos and had 2 beers. We were gone 45mins max. As we were walking back to my truck I was a little behind my buddy taking a pic of some race bikes, my buddy yells to me that guy just jumped out of my truck and has your stereo. I started to run after the little punk ass, he had a 1/2 block head start, as I was gaining on him cause if my adrenaline, he hopped into a white ranger that was running with his partner in crime driving and he was off, F*@K. He made off with my stero, 2 ipods and my iphone. Glad we came back to car when we did cause I had way more stuff he could have taken, he did not make it to my race radio yet, yeah! My dash if all jacked up and my passenger door where he broke in is all jacked. I could not close my door property and the passenger side door would not lock. Thank god my camera gear was at the hotel except for what was in my hand. So with the door all jacked I made the choice to go home, was not going to be in Baja till sunday with a car that does not lock. So I'm home in the states. Bought a new phone, back in biz. Taking truck into shop tomorrow, friday, to get it fixed. BUT DON'T WORRY I'LL(mwilsonphoto.com) BE BACK IN BAJA SAT MORNING OF RACE TO TAKE PICS. No **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** ASS THIEF will stop me from taking pics and going to BAJA.
Leaving SD at 4am to head back to race, sorry to the bikers I might miss!
EVERYONE BEWARE AND DONT LEAVE ANYTHING IN YOUR TRUCK!
See you all Sat for the race!
Mike Wilson
Updated website is up.
http://mwilsonphoto.com/

cancinoj

Reaction
hate to hear that,. fu... m. f.,. we will get there tomorrow for the contingency,. will have our eyes wide open,. and with a baseball bat in hand,. ha,.

Wild bill

Reaction
I feel your pain. I parked in front of that same hotel and had a spare c-6 transmission stole out of the pickup in broad daylight. I was inside the hotel for about 20 minutes. The mofo that stole it probably had fun figureing out that it was a reverse pattern value body.

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
So sorry to hear you got jacked, Mike - glad they did not get your money maker (camera). Thanks for the expensive reminder to the rest of us.... total vigillance and leave nothing valuable alone.

A&SCHASE1

Hero
Reaction
man that sucks.we had the same happen to us a couple years ago,they took our radio antenna and a bag of about 50 shirts we had just got made with our team logo and stuff.we are leaving saturday around the same time let me know if you want to caravan.

deano

McDeano
Reaction
Well I went to Baja Wed morning. Went to Hotel California to check in. Went to town at 1pm PURE DAYLIGHT. I parked my truck about 5 car lengths from the entrance of HOTEL SAN NICOLAS. By the Yokohama trailer. I was stoked to get a spot so close and next to the fence where the San Nicolas has gated parking. Also many other chase vehicles were parked next to me and racers were walking all around. How much safer than that I thought. I was gone for about 45mins. Went to get tacos and had 2 beers. We were gone 45mins max. As we were walking back to my truck I was a little behind my buddy taking a pic of some race bikes, my buddy yells to me that guy just jumped out of my truck and has your stereo. I started to run after the little punk ass, he had a 1/2 block head start, as I was gaining on him cause if my adrenaline, he hopped into a white ranger that was running with his partner in crime driving and he was off, F*@K. He made off with my stero, 2 ipods and my iphone. Glad we came back to car when we did cause I had way more stuff he could have taken, he did not make it to my race radio yet, yeah! My dash if all jacked up and my passenger door where he broke in is all jacked. I could not close my door property and the passenger side door would not lock. Thank god my camera gear was at the hotel except for what was in my hand. So with the door all jacked I made the choice to go home, was not going to be in Baja till sunday with a car that does not lock. So I'm home in the states. Bought a new phone, back in biz. Taking truck into shop tomorrow, friday, to get it fixed. BUT DON'T WORRY I'LL(mwilsonphoto.com) BE BACK IN BAJA SAT MORNING OF RACE TO TAKE PICS. No **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** ASS THIEF will stop me from taking pics and going to BAJA.
Leaving SD at 4am to head back to race, sorry to the bikers I might miss!
EVERYONE BEWARE AND DONT LEAVE ANYTHING IN YOUR TRUCK!
See you all Sat for the race!
Mike Wilson
Updated website is up.
http://mwilsonphoto.com/

seriously the exact same spot my truck was parked (a few years back 07) when it got completey ran-sacked (baja250) --- pioneer stereo, dvd screens (3), subs, even cut all of the wire out from under the carpet ... all of our back packs, lap-top, cd's, banks palm-pilot, sirius radio, sunglasses etc ..... and we thought we'd play it safe and leave everything in the truck, cause the ;parking lot guys" were paid to keep an eye on things ??? :eek: plus all the rooms in the SAN NICALOS were getting broken into and stuff was lifted as you gone --- i think that place has inside bandits working together with the parking lot guys --- ? my take of course :cool: (good luck everyone !!!)

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ive personally stayed at the San Nicolas multiple times and never had a problem. We always parked inside the gate though and tipped the security guard good to watch our stuff....

jsallenbach

Reaction
Sorry to here about that Mike, Was that your F-150 that has the long travel kit.

CHROMOLY77

Reaction
Hey thats the same spot i got my truck stolen 2 baja 1000 ago !!
Sorry but rats are still the same in!!

deano

McDeano
Reaction
Ive personally stayed at the San Nicolas multiple times and never had a problem. We always parked inside the gate though and tipped the security guard good to watch our stuff....

well, we had a section of the enclosed parking lot full of the DA circus and had about 10 chase vehicles outside the gate (to be 'WATCHED" by the paid guard$) :eek: but apparently $aid big brother$ were $leeping on the job ?? so don't be gulible, keep an eye on your own chit :confused: :cool:

herzeleid

Reaction
Sorry to hear that, brother. Don´t worry too much, he´ll probably die of an overdose.
Hope it doesn´t happen to anyone else.

619Tacoma

Reaction
Damn, Sorry to hear about the bad fortune there!

Do most of you tip before you sit down and eat? I'm not trying to sound rude or anything but i've read people on here stating that they tip the security guards to watch their stuff... Why wouldn't you give the guy maybe $5 at first and tell him that if your stuff is intact when you get back, then you'll give him more money (however much you were going to give)... I'm sure not everybody tips them beforehand but for those that do... It's just a thought.

AzBajaman

Big Az Dad
Reaction
That's sucks big time.....sorry to hear about them breaking into your truck and taking your stuff.....

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
at last year's 1k i hired a friend of mine to watch my rig while i was filming. he is a CA state lifeguard who needed the work. i'd do the same if i was working in downtown LA.

just remember that there are criminals out there watching you and will pick the easier targets. unfortunately in Ensenada the criminals include those you thought you could trust.

bajabird

Reaction
My sorrow to you! Totally SUCKS Crab food is what the pieces of BS should be! :-( f'n sucks! sorry to hear

jjordan

Reaction
Good to see your heading back down. everbody needs to keep an eye out on everybodies stuff and if somethin doesnt look right take action, dont just blow it off or wonder, do something.

Does seem strange to have so many reports in same spot?

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
They watch you park, watch were you go when you get out, are able to gauge how long you will be gone, (two tacos and two beers=45 min) or they have someone follow you so they can be warned when you are returning... I have my suspicions the guys you are tipping to "guard" your car are in some way involved or at a minimum are indifferent. This is all such a shame.

The concept of bringing your own security or maybe just a couple of extra dudes to work in rotation as guards and cover the cost of their trip is not a bad idea at all.

Sorry bout yer truck and gear Mike.

I still love Mexico.

Tundranation

Reaction
They watch you park, watch were you go when you get out, are able to gauge how long you will be gone, (two tacos and two beers=45 min) or they have someone follow you so they can be warned when you are returning... I have my suspicions the guys you are tipping to "guard" your car are in some way involved or at a minimum are indifferent. This is all such a shame.

The concept of bringing your own security or maybe just a couple of extra dudes to work in rotation as guards and cover the cost of their trip is not a bad idea at all.

Sorry bout yer truck and gear Mike.

I still love Mexico.

Yea there are a lot more people involved than just the guy breaking in .....and the guards are involved also ......sad but true !!!:(