• Forum membership has its advantages....

Baja 500 UTV nerfs VW......

Georgefelix

I got a call after the 500 guy says I nerfed him and destroyed his car almost killed them. But no pictures the car was already torn down. I checked my go pro and yeah I did nerf a VW. Long story short he says I should not have touched him and my car cracked his snorkle and his motor sucked dust for 300 miles. He said I should know NEVER to hit a VW in his class that was just off limits regardless.....like making contact with a motorcycle. He said everyone on Race Dezert would agree so I thought I'd throw it out there. He wants me to help pay for his motor. I honestly just saw him as another race car in my way but tried to make it gentle as possible. Certainly don't see any merit to "almost killing anyone" but I did dent his hood.

I'd appreciate any comments as to was I way out of line as he says or was it just a tap and part of racing?

Last edited:

43mod

you suck big time. How many more alternative lines do you need available to get around an 11 car ? 4x4 and at least twice the power.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Class 11 nerfing rule is the same as hitting a girl...it is never, never ok to hit them, unless they hit you first. What were you doing behind a class 11 in the first place?

Georgefelix

We had 40 minutes down at RM 3 so were way back.....the reason I posted this was to be considerate of the guys complaint. I didn't know now I do.....

The lines didn't show up till I was focused on his bumper. I was trying to be gentle but I didn't get the class 11 car thing. I'm a bike guy. I see his point don't get your panties in a wad I posted it and have the only video so give me a break. He cut me off earlier if u watch. I get it about class 11 now it won't happen again it was just another car to me. One thing you don't know is my car was hammered by a vw at another 500 in the dust was an accident etc but I didn't see vw as so fragile after that. I get the fact that class 11 is different.

nimrod

KOOK!
Great lesson to learn. Let me ask you this, would you like to be nerfed by a class 1 or a TT?
Secondly you were down for forty minutes and you felt like the class 11 in your way was going to keep you from winning?

Forty minutes of down time means racing to finish not win. You went all Rambo and destroyed someone else's race and their bank account.

PS. Only nerf peeps in your class. You can argue that all you want but it's how the classy guys race and guess what, they're also the guys that win.

Last edited:

nimrod

KOOK!
I remember a guy in a class 1 nerfed Heidi HARD in her old 7sx truck. The next race we were at with this guy was a Snore lap race. Pab could have totally punted the guy but he didn't. Some people have character and some don't, you gotta figure out which one you want to be.
PS. That guy doesn't race anymore.

Georgefelix

I posted this for a reason and now I'll act on it. As for being nerfed I've always said I don't think it's generally necessary but everything it brought up there's an outpouring of macho Rambos saying it's part of racing or running is racing or move over if you don't wanna get hit or watch your mirrors etc. The problem is always the guy that got nerfed for some people so I try to keep it clean and I tried to just tap him which I did successfully it was just the wrong car to tap. Any other class wouldn't have been an issue. And yes I've been slammed by trucks and it's not fun. I didn't slam anyone. I'll do the right thing.

Fourstroker

Amen to doing he right thing. You will go along ways with that attitude

mgobaja

There has been some long time unwritten rules, Baja Karma type of stuff. 1 of them being not nerfing a class 11, unless you are in a class 11.

And regardless of what class, the 2nd thing to have considered is being 40 minutes down that early, has most likely taken you off of a podium spot ( not always, but more often then not ), so nerfing anybody at that point should have been an absolute last thing to do, especially a car that could have still been racing within their class for a podium.

Down side to full bodied cars is the damage done is more than skin deep when they get hit. It shoves things like hoods into air cleaners / alternators / distributors / exhaust - all of which can end their day, and be expensive repairs. Those racers are running on a limited budget to begin with, and this makes it tougher now.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Agree, if you learn from it and make it right for the class 11 guy then I think you will be doing a solid and earn your very valuable Baja karma back (or is it Baja juju)?

ffdfrontman

Not just any 11 either it's Eric Solorzano you took out. Eric is a stand up guy with a heart of gold. I don't think the issue is so much the nerf as it was the limited budget the 11 teams have, just to piss away 11-15k it takes to race them. It's racing, but yeah, never hit an 11, especially in the rear. Even the 11s don't nerf each other. You already have bigger issues to be running back with the 11s, so why add salt to your wounds of an already bad race day.

B. R C Arrow

Is this the same George Felix who races a utv who gave me he'll for bumping a utv with a trophylite? Even threatened go find me and drive your truck through my trailer!

Attachments

Georgefelix

There has been some long time unwritten rules, Baja Karma type of stuff. 1 of them being not nerfing a class 11, unless you are in a class 11.

And regardless of what class, the 2nd thing to have considered is being 40 minutes down that early, has most likely taken you off of a podium spot ( not always, but more often then not ), so nerfing anybody at that point should have been an absolute last thing to do, especially a car that could have still been racing within their class for a podium.

Down side to full bodied cars is the damage done is more than skin deep when they get hit. It shoves things like hoods into air cleaners / alternators / distributors / exhaust - all of which can end their day, and be expensive repairs. Those racers are running on a limited budget to begin with, and this makes it tougher now.
Totally wrong about that....40 min isn't anything in a 500 mi race. We were in 6th place at RM 155 running without rear brakes so we we're in great position. Except for the fact it was class 11 I was very responsible about it......I barely tapped him. Any other car would barely feel it...id say low risk nerf. Not like some u hear about.