Baja 500

JulioBaeza28

Just got this from the SCORE website, I was hearing rumors all week about the race moving to Estero Beach but this just confirmed it.
What do you guys think about it?

IMG_6510.jpg

Last edited:

dan200

#BSF200
Really curious how this will go in & out of town
I liked it being on the street because it was close to our hotels, carls Jr (our new tradition) and all the stores but honestly it was so f-ing crowded that it was a big hassle for those of us with stuff to do and parking was a headache. If there is ample parking and elbowroom I am for this.

Its gonna be different though. I almost always chase the second half/finishing section and it seems like were always hustling to do our last stop or visual or whatever and the traffic getting to the finish line is a PITA. In my head if it is a clockwise loop getting to Estero would be easier to see the finish. Wouldn't it?

redline

That is going be CLUSTERFOOOOK! If you thought being crowded downtown was bad, how do you think it is going to be getting into or anywhere near Estero?!

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
KOH has put everyone on their toes. Short course track start to a desert race? Maybe some livestream? Sounds familiar.

swiftracing5

Could this be the end of the Uruapan crossover? *praying*

I could see them doing a speed zone out of town south to Santo Tomas?

AZ7000'

Did anyone notify the Paris?

RYAN COHEE

That is going be CLUSTERFOOOOK! If you thought being crowded downtown was bad, how do you think it is going to be getting into or anywhere near Estero?!
Taco shop down the street just scored!!

bajafox

Accepted
Hopefully some smart locals will do some shuttle services directly from downtown Ensenada to Estero beach and back.

I have been losing interest in going to tech as the years go by so this will probably put a nail in the coffin for me.

This will be our teams first race of the season so all it does is make me put all my focus on race prep and logistics rather than having a few beers at tech then meeting up with the team after for last minute preperations.

This sucks as a spectator who really enjoys tech festivities

This is great as a chaser/racer, less focus on partying and more on the race.

JulioBaeza28

We should see first what the race course looks like, then we can worry about the start/finish.

IMO it's going to be a pain in the butt.

I know a local company that will have shuttle service available ;-)

Charlietuna

Only one way in and one way out...and the hotel is sold out for the 500 and 1000

It's been a few years since I've been to Estero Beach, but that was my first thought too. And as I recall, that one way in and one way out is a pretty narrow and crappy road to boot.

y2kbaja

KOH has put everyone on their toes. Short course track start to a desert race? Maybe some livestream? Sounds familiar.
Other promoters aren't that smart and typically don't copy each other. Do we really think that SCORE will do this? Yes. Will they? no.
I always thought that coming into Loreto the course should turn left down the wash toward town, all the way to the beach, make a U turn and head right back out the same wash. There is plenty of room. Could you imagine the spectators in that area? Could do the same in San Felipe.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
It's only 7.5 miles from the normal tech area.

You guys are acting like it got moved to La Paz. lol.