Baja 500

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Great flick! what race mile was your roll over at? I was doing splits at 360 and the truck was kinda naked when it came through. Only way I knew who ya were was because of the kinda wing look to the back of the truck.

Also, we were at the mikes turn off and the guys you had waiting there gave us some help tracking our truck down while we had no data. Super appreciated that. I get anxious AF when i don't know whats up with our truck.
309-310ish, before Valle T

Advertising supports this site

CWood

RDC Crypto
great video!

Pro edit.

Lots of impressive passing/nerfing/driving in that video. Really fun to watch those guys wheel.

Great flick! what race mile was your roll over at? I was doing splits at 360 and the truck was kinda naked when it came through. Only way I knew who ya were was because of the kinda wing look to the back of the truck.

Also, we were at the mikes turn off and the guys you had waiting there gave us some help tracking our truck down while we had no data. Super appreciated that. I get anxious AF when i don't know whats up with our truck.

Thanks guys! Appreciate it!

And to answer your question Dan. We started having fuel pressure issues at RM 297.. One mile later we were completely sideways in a 90 left on a fire road with a cliff on the outside. The truck shut off and we snap rolled one time onto the driver side. Luckily we were going pretty slow and didn't roll completely down the cliff. We were close... but could have been a lot worse!

Last edited:

CWood

RDC Crypto
No gloves on the co-dog. I guess he has never had a fire. Only time before he gets hurt.

Never understood this either. Hands get real crispy grabbing belts that are on fire.

Have you ever touched a seatbelt clip after your truck has been sitting at the boat ramp all day? Ay yi yi!

thing about heat injurys is if you feel it, its too late, no gloves( Proper ones, not plastic mechanix style ones) in motorsport is just plain dumb

*Editors note- Im not here to keep beating up on the Grabowskis, as they've been dog piled in this thread already

I know to Co-drivers in Rally 99% of the time wont wear gloves because they're constantly changing the pages on the roadbook. Would definitely suck to burn your hands miles away from any kind of help, but you can say the same about any injury I guess.

Yes I know I should be wearing gloves. Lot's of people have told me too... Should probably start before it's too late. Just need to find some fireproof gloves that have touchscreen capabilities. Got tired of taking them off to use the iPad. Any ideas on this?

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
Yes I know I should be wearing gloves. Lot's of people have told me too... Should probably start before it's too late. Just need to find some fireproof gloves that have touchscreen capabilities. Got tired of taking them off to use the iPad. Any ideas on this?

CWood

RDC Crypto
On that downhill single track, if they would have bumped me one more time I would have jammed on the brakes and come to a stop and if I was able to get out and walk back to their truck I would have and beat the poop out of the driver. Just saying, give the person a chance to find a safe spot to pull over. The continued pushing on that downhill would have been it for me!
We barely tapped him and we only did so where it was safe to do so.

Also, I don't understand your logic. But let me know how that works out for you.

Last edited:

CWood

RDC Crypto
Much appreciated!

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
Awesome, what happened to the trans?

me_be_db1

RDC Crypto
Awesome, what happened to the trans?
Trans was good.
We broke a brand new limit strap, pulled an axle and lost a coil over.

Attachments

• 524AEC05-968D-4151-B50F-B7662167E1FE.jpeg
    524AEC05-968D-4151-B50F-B7662167E1FE.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0

stewwalker

RDC Crypto
Houston, San Antonio, Rio Grand Valley, Hunt TX
As I watch the Erzbergrodeo and how well it's put on, I'm wondering when Monster's title sponsorship contract runs out with SCORE. Could the current issues with SCORE be solved with another title sponsor stepping in? I have zero knowledge of organization title sponsorship, but from an outsider looking in, it feels like Red Bull puts the race first, and bets on good "content" being an outcome of how well the race does. SCORE's "content" is a joke, and I would guess they currently have an exclusive right to XYZ in terms of media. Could a new sponsor be a solution to SCORE's problems?

tapeworm

RDC Crypto
Less races. Period. Less races from promoters.

As I watch the Erzbergrodeo and how well it's put on, I'm wondering when Monster's title sponsorship contract runs out with SCORE. Could the current issues with SCORE be solved with another title sponsor stepping in? I have zero knowledge of organization title sponsorship, but from an outsider looking in, it feels like Red Bull puts the race first, and bets on good "content" being an outcome of how well the race does. SCORE's "content" is a joke, and I would guess they currently have an exclusive right to XYZ in terms of media. Could a new sponsor be a solution to SCORE's problems?
RedBull also doesn’t do championship series and only do “one and done” events. They repeat some events annually, but there is less allure to a championship series than one event. For example, straight rhythm, erzberg rodeo, crashed ice, the air race, the flugtog, etc.