Baja 500

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto
I think Moses was driving at that point. Still miraculous nobody was hurt or killed.

What the protocol if you smash a local and seriously injure someone? Not sure I've heard that addressed before. Don't mean to stir up any drama because this is a real deal possibility pre running and racing in Mex.

Advertising supports this site

Rprice

RDC Crypto
What the protocol if you smash a local and seriously injure someone? Not sure I've heard that addressed before. Don't mean to stir up any drama because this is a real deal possibility pre running and racing in Mex.
Leave your Ben @ Hagle lumber business card on the windshield and start heading north….

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto
Leave your Ben @ Hagle lumber business card on the windshield and start heading north….
Yikes.

Not wrong.

Any helicopter service out there available for emergency evac if you are too deep to get out in time? Probably a lot cheaper than the extortion you'd deal with getting home.

jkkirk

RDC Crypto
Yikes.

Not wrong.

Any helicopter service out there available for emergency evac if you are too deep to get out in time? Probably a lot cheaper than the extortion you'd deal with getting home.
Talk to Justin at Shock Therapy, happened to him.

One-Eyed Peter

RDC Crypto
I’m definitely not a Baja veteran but this is definitely happened before and will happen again. Obviously it’s a case by case basis. It seems to me that if Rossi and that locals vehicle had collided it’s pretty clear who was at fault happening on a hot race course with the local doing just about everything wrong that you could. Correct me if I’m wrong on this story but I remember a few years back during a race, the Herbst’s stepped out of the whoops at high speed and unfortunately killed two local guys spectating. I think I heard they got out of Dodge pretty quickly in their helicopter and made financial restitution later.

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
You GTFO of there and deal with it stateside.

bajafox

Barely Accepted
RDC Crypto
Is there anyway to ignore a thread? I can’t keep seeing Baja 500. I am fighting the urg to race it next but promised myself and family that we won’t race Baja until we have some good races in the states. But the next real race we can make in the states is Baja Nevada 650. At that point why not just race the real Baja 500? What a mess.

Hello my name is Mike, I am a off-road racing addict.

Just make the Baja 500 thread go away, please. LOL

Mike
Put the OP on ignore until after the race, you wont see any threads they start and you can still see their posts by choosing to in other threads

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
The Herbst incident was just 3 or 4 years ago. It happens and in Mexico the restitution keeps going up. Used to be like 35K and it’s done with. Not sure in the current state and Mexican law now days. The Safety videos are a big help in using them to defend yourself. People need to stay back from a race vehicle traveling at speed across three foot whoops.

This is the article. Interesting. It even has several quotes from Fish. San Felipe 250 accident brings tragedy and questions for off-road racing

Just think of standing in a lane on Interstate 5 or you name the interstate and jumping out of the lane just prior to the vehicle passing you. Crazy stupid but happens every race in Baja.

Last edited:

Baja Bryan

RDC Crypto
At that point why not just race the real Baja 500?
I was talking to Brent Fox , He just raced SS300 and Legacy so no time to prep his truck. Big benefit would be he has a good start spot since he raced the SF250. He said he would love to race the Baja 500. Maybe could be a good fit. Brent is a super nice guy and is also fast. If you or anyone needs a good start spot or driver send me a message and I can put you in contact with him.

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
please dont try, looks like somebody did...

Attachments

• eww-ahh.gif
    eww-ahh.gif
    193.3 KB · Views: 0

Chainguide

RDC Crypto
Unofficial revised start times for the 500. Times adjusted to reduce exposure to the Summer heat in the desert.
4:00 AM motos
5 hour gap
9:00 AM cars

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto
Unofficial revised start times for the 500. Times adjusted to reduce exposure to the Summer heat in the desert.
4:00 AM motos
5 hour gap
9:00 AM cars
How about bikes at NIGHT, on an abbreviated course without the desert. And start the cars/trucks at 7:00am.

**edit - how much more sense does it make to start the bikes in the afternoon out of Ensenada and let them turn at Mikes and call it good?

Chainguide

RDC Crypto
How about bikes at NIGHT, on an abbreviated course without the desert. And start the cars/trucks at 7:00am.

**edit - how much more sense does it make to start the bikes in the afternoon out of Ensenada and let them turn at Mikes and call it good
The down side to running the bikes at night any longer than necessary is, the most precious safety resource cannot fly at night.