• Forum membership has its advantages....

Baja 500

FormulaNine

Just checking out the entry list for the Baja 500. Nine Class 9's pre-entered. Not bad. None of these drivers have listed with F9.com, so I don't know much about them. So, if you know any of these guys, please post something about them! I know of Cisco Bio, Eric Fisher, Ivan Gomez, and Alex Navarrete. But I don't know anything about John Schaf, Thomas McAdams, Arturo Velazo, or Dave Dietrich. As for Scott HEwitt, does anyone know if he will be driving the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.formulanine.com/901B2KJPG.jpg>same car he drove at the 2000?</A>.

All posts and info greatly appreciated! Good Luck to ALL!!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Tim, Dave Detrich is a freind from San Diego, the battaling Barister of Baja.
He is driving the car that we raced at the 2000, 903. Tom Mcadams was also on that team.
I do not know what he is driving but will find out and post it here. Hows the Trany?

Kenneth

Kenneth N2wishN

FormulaNine

Thanks for the info Kenneth! I knew I'd heard Dave Dietrich's name before, I just couldn't place it. Did you catch the top tips?

The transmission is in good hands! <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.formulanine.com/arizonatransaxle.htm>My guru</A> consulted with Jeff Fields and both concluded that the meltdown was damn freaky! I have already found some stuff that will prevent that sort of thing from ever happening again. It'll cost a couple of bucks, but so what!

Just took a break to see what was up in here. Working on the car today, tomorrow, the next day...Why don't you stop by!

El Chinero

Dave D is one of the KIT guys. He has the old Zeke/John Castillo 9. He is The Battling Barrister of Baja!

TOP TIPS are up and out!

TT

Tony T
El Chismoso

FormulaNine

That's a roger-copy on the Top Tips. Better add a "late" entry...A little bird told me that one of the fine Class 9's from Whiplash will be entering the 500. I can say for certain that it is NOT the 951 car. I am not yet free to give details. This is an exciting development. With some luck, FormulaNine.com will be at Ojos Negros to support ALL teams.

BTW: Some funny stuff on the "controversial" list of the Top Tips!

rdc

Are you working today Tim? I will give you a call this afternoon, I think I might get off work early today!

Kenneth

Kenneth N2wishN

FormulaNine

It has been confirmed that Nollan and Debbie Blackwell from the TUF bunch in Tucson, AZ will be the 10th car in Class 9 at the Baja 500. This will be their 4th race...ever! The FormulaNine.com Mobile Command Center will be at RM 50.5 for the duration. We will happily provide service to any/all racers as needed. Of course, the spare parts we will have won't work on a class 10 car!

Good Luck Nollan and Debbie! Go 991!

iVia con dios!

Adios, F9

El Chinero

KenCo de Tempe: "where she danced or .... ?"

Haven't heard from you. Gyoin to EL Baja? Big Cheeser meeting at Hermie's trailer!

WHo is teaming with TBBofB?

tt
an afternoon in the garden of good and evil

Tony T
El Chismoso

rdc

Whats up Tony? Been lurking on the Cheese, next month a cable modem will be in the works and I will be everywhere again. I am going to the 500 and will be chasing for the Deitrich. Big Juan will be driving and I have not heard who the rest of the team is. The Makena Boys and I will go up to Mikes to chase. What time at Herm's? What are your plans? The Jeep is geting the second generation roof rack tommarow! Jayson wants to give you a call, but has been working endless hours in the protection of our country, you know paper pushing! See you in Baja. The CODE story was great! Wonder how much they will print?

Kenneth N2wishN

rdc

just a note, the 947 car will leave the line with little Julie Kern behind the wheel, Dave Deitrich will do the Mikes loop and then hand the car over to Big Juan Casstillo for the finish. We will be over near melling Ranch if any one needs anything. We will be in the "bright" red and Yellow Geronimo Sport Jeep Cherokee. We will be on 151.960 (Los Campeones). Tim see you at contencency.

See you in Baja!

Kenneth N2wishN

FormulaNine

Regrettably, in their infinite wisdom, Whiplash has re-scheduled a race for July 7th back in Rocky Point. This, after a promise that they wouldn't add any races before Snowflake after canceling Barstow. I am disgusted. I don't have enough vacation days to do both the B500 AND this goofy Whiplash race. Apologies to the Blackwells and all other Class 9's as I will not be able to get any pictures, or give any assistance.

kurt

Tim - Whiplash strikes again! They have great courses and well set up and loads of fun, if we could just figure out when and where there going to be!!! Sorry - just had to get that off my chest. BTW Where's your priorities - Work or Baja 500 - tough choice, don't you feel the Flu coming on? LOL - Bummer ya can't make it, I'll see you at the MDR Kartec 400.
Ken - You still planning on being at the MDR 400 race? Contact me (760-598-9022) or Tim in the next few weeks to make plans for pits - chase etc.

rdc

Tim, I am just back from Baja and just got your note. I looked for you at contencency and at Ojos, now I know why you were not there 8~) I have been up for a couple of days so I will give a quick report. The 947 car started out well, Julie Kern started and brought the car into Valle T with serious oil leak from a passanger side P-tube. Extra oil was loaded up and the car was sent out with Dave and Jean Deitrich for the Mikes loop. Dave had a steady run stoping only to bum oil. I was ready at Valle T to change a tube when the desided to go one. I added oil and a miss que from BAJA pits Jefe allmost cost me favorite finger as my Macanix glove whent through the pulley! Gene and John took the car to the coast but unfortanatly the transmission expired before the car left the Beach at Erendria. I am exausted so I will post a full report in the next couple of days. Congratulations to Tom Mcadams on his Fourth Place finish, the car is new to him!

Kenneth N2wishN
See you in Baja!