Baja Buggy

So, I figured when I am 16 I an have a little more than $10,000 in my bank account. How much more money would I need to build a cheap and functional baja bug or similar vehicle?

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
So, I figured when I am 16 I an have a little more than $10,000 in my bank account. How much more money would I need to build a cheap and functional baja bug or similar vehicle?
Need a little more info, but 10k for a simple baja bug would be a fun little car.

Found some listings for Baja Racing Bugs for sale! Prices range from $3500 to $5000 dollars. Even though I am only almost 15, I could sell some of my stuff and work really hard this summer to get that much money. Dad said no cause I cant even drive on the road yet. My words were this. " Dad, I won't be on the road" :) I hope I make enough dough this summer!

Don't forget insurance, fuel and maintenance costs.

mikerd400

I posted in your other thread as well. Find a local race team, or relatively local race team to hang out with. Check out their preunners/baja bugs. Talk to guys that have built them before. Find out what works and what doesn't, so if you build a baja bug, you start off in the right direction.

Roice

As said in the other thread buy one it is a lot cheaper and easier than building one. Then learn from working on that one and if you want to get the satisfaction of building your own you will have a much better knowledge base.