BAJA CROSS at Saddleback 5-1600 racer 79-80

BajaJT

Boy, I know Bob Maynard and I were partners in a Class 1 car and I worked every race for him there, these were fun times, cheap entry fees, fun racing, close to home, all good!
Basically how I met my wife of ( boy she will be pissed, if I don't know exactly long we been married) 35 years.
LOL

Larry in N.C.

BajaJT Well U might have been the one who handed me the Rookie of the year award in 1979......... I drove the number 18 5-1600 bug with my wife ............... She worked registration with Beth K. some...........

Larry in N.C.

Beth K is my sister in law, she lives in mid west with her second husband.
WOW......... It is a small world ...... I will post some pics when i figure out how to do it on here.... I am not very smart when get on this computer lol.. My grandson knows more about these things and he is only 3 ........... I still use a flip phone... My wife has the new phone.........

Larry in N.C.

What Subaru engine does it have?
This was a buggy that Gill George had in his back yard for around six years or so. I traded a bug for it and we took it to his shop and changed it to a VW trans and engine mounts. We also lowered the roof to make it more of a laydown style. If U look at the video from his first History of Funco U can see this car near the end of it. It only started one race and Gill said that it had to much power for the car, so he didn't run it again as far as i know. As far as the Subaru engine I didn't see it in the car when I got it. I think it was a air cooled 4 cyl. That's all I can tell U. I have been trying to get more info on the buggy as to the year it was built and so on but I guess only Gill knows........