• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic Baja cross over

jkkirk

Is the crossover road between Colonet and Valle de Trinidad suitable for towing a two axle flat bed car trailer empty?

AZ7000'

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. We have done it many times lightly loaded and even right after a race when the road is quite rutted. Plan on 2 hours.

BANNED4LIFE

i would say it will be BUSY on race day and not recommended.....if thats what you are REALLY asking....

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Is the crossover road between Colonet and Valle de Trinidad suitable for towing a two axle flat bed car trailer empty?
If you don't have to, I wouldn't recommend it. It will beat the hell out of your equipment, especially an empty two axle trailer. Plus like what Pete, it's gonna be busy with lots of race and local traffic.

I just crossed yesterday from San Vicente to valley t towing my flatbed trailer. Stupidest thing I could have done. Beat the hell out of the trailer, 2 very close head on accidents. Took us 2hr 10 min to do 32 miles. I'm going to take the extra time come race day and go around.be safe!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Speedy Gonzales

I know my crew isn't thrilled with the idea, but they are going around and meeting us in San Mateos. Sure beats beating the crap out of my trailer and dodging other pre racers, chase vehicles, motorcycles, and the locals.

AZ7000'

David K

I drove from Valle de Trinidad to Hwy. 1 last month in a Tacoma Off Road TRD. I did not need 4WD and it took me 1.5 hours for the 40-mile dirt road. I would not recommend trailers or motorhomes, but it is otherwise a good Baja road for most other trucks or SUVs. The sign at the Hwy. 1 end (Km. 103) gives the distance as 65 kms. (which matches my odometer reading).

Here are a couple photos and my GPS track: