Baja Designs air jack

C.J. Hutchins

Reaction
Hey I saw the Baja designs air jack at the sand show and was wondering if anyone is using them yet? they look pretty simple and i like that they use the little co2 canisters rather having to mount a big bottle. Any other feedback about this particular jack good, bad, or indifferent would be helpful.

JoeyD23

Reaction
the jack is sick!!! Some pics of it on the home page of RDC in the SSSS blog. I like the fact that you can attach it like a fire extinguisher (spelling?) on the race style quick release. They had a good idea with that jack!!!

JD Durfey

Reaction
That is a cool jack, How much can it lift?

bajatex

Reaction
About 2400LB force with a 38 gram cartridge w/ 6" stroke and 1800lb with a 25 gram cartridge

J.COLEMAN

Reaction
They are a cool jack, I am concerned that there is not a large enough foot to jack up in the sand or any soft surface.

Ryan_P

Reaction
They are a cool jack, I am concerned that there is not a large enough foot to jack up in the sand or any soft surface.
I agree with that. Looking to ditch my King jack; cool concept but too heavy.

More info needed from Baja Designs if possible.

loufish

Reaction
BD's website doesn't mention any jack....Looks interesting...

The pic shows there is some literature...

Baja D "Diego"

Reaction
BD's website doesn't mention any jack....Looks interesting...

The pic shows there is some literature...
There are no images on the website as of yet. Next week we should have some pictures and spec's on the air jack available via the website. This air jack should be available with in 2 weeks. :D

Ryan_P

Reaction
Thought I would forward some info I recieved recently from Mike @ Baja Designs. I will be picking one up when they are available to try out. For the price, I don't think it can be beat.

The jack should be available in a couple weeks. Retail pricing should be $195. Full compressed the jack in it's shortest height is 12.5" tall. There is an six inch extension which is adjustable in one inch increments. With the extension all the way out the collapsed length would be 18.5". The jack has a six inch throw give you a max height of 24.5". The weight of the jack is a scant 4.5lbs. The max lift depends on the CO2 canister used. The smaller 25 gram canisters will lift up to 1400lbs. The larger 38 gram canisters will lift up to 2400lbs. One canister is good for one lift. As far as mounting it to the vehicle for storage we used a quick release fire extinguisher mount on our race car. As far as mounting it to what ever you are lifting, there are a lot of options.

CaptinCrash

Reaction
Are their any pics of the TCS jack

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
Nice set up, BUT I can't help but wonder where all the CO2 canisters are going to end up? Are desert clean ups going to be picking up all these canisters? Hopefully anyone that uses one, tosses the canister back in the car and doesn't toss it in the desert. They are recyclable.

Alan, et al please add that info to the instruction sheet. Just pointing out we need to step up to save ourselves.

loufish

Reaction
Nice set up, BUT I can't help but wonder where all the CO2 canisters are going to end up?
I was waiting to see if it can be used with my on-board CO2 system..Plenty of volume, not sure if enough pressure....

bajatex

Reaction
Here is a little Demo with the Big Bottle Kit.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGRk9MGVO2M"]YouTube - Kwik Jak[/ame]

loufish

Reaction
I was able to check it out at the O/R expo...nobody was there who could answer any questions....

I'm a little confused...with only 6" of stroke, how can that lift a 17/35 tire high enough to change a flat?....Under perfect conditions, yeah maybe, but in weird out of positions....?

BTW A real nice looking unit, very light...