Baja directions (which KM#)

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
I'm gonna be pitting at the 500 (for the 1/2-1600 Phillips crew out of Douglas, AZ) and need some info. Does anyboby know the KM# of the eastbound turn-off to "Rancho Melling" on Hwy 1 ? Better yet the GPS Lat/Lon. The turn is the access road to the southern part of the course that intersacts it at RM 217.6. It's somewhere between Colonet and Camalu off of Hwy1 and I think it's related to San Telmo. Any info is appreciated.

I've looked at the BFG notes and maps from past races and can't find it.

Thanks, Eric

PLS

Reaction
We will be chasing Ron Brant in the same area. I believe the San Telmo turnoff is at approx. km 140. This is from the BFG maps & notes from the Baja 2000. We are going to catch the car at the two spots it crosses the road, and then run back up to the Erendira area. Hope this helps out.

Pete S.- BOYD RACING

scott

Reaction
I believe its KM 140 or so, Its a dirt road, also the turnoff to Erendira is KM 77 both off HWY 1..... Hope that helps you out....

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Sounds like KM 140 is the answer ! Thanks !!
I'll be covering the Hwy 1 side of the course for #1499 (sportsman buggy- hey ya gotta learn to finish before ya can win !!). We always have a well stocked pit truck (both pit supplies AND cerveza ) so drop by if ya see us out there !

Thanks again, Eric