• Forum membership has its advantages....

Baja Edge of Control for PS4 and XBox One - 2017

GRSteele

Apparently it will be on PC as well, according to Amazon. Also says it will be released 12/31/2017. Price is normally $29.99, but it shows right now for $23.99 with "Prime Savings". I pre-ordered it for PC for $29.96 including prime discount, tax and one day shipping.

JayQC

In my opinion, the main thing here is this : There will probably not be a huge difference between the Xbox and Playstation versions anymore.

The PS3 version was severely lacking compared to the 360. This remaster will likely solve that problem, and you'll get the experience you deserve on both platforms.

This is awesome news, I thought this game had been forgotten by everyone except us. I still play it often.

EDIT : PC version rumored : BAJA: Edge of Control HD Set for August Release, PC Version Rumored

A PC version would be a godsend for modders.

Cant wait, I will just go ahead and get the PC version. Because of the Mods that will come.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

JayQC

Same, I'm getting a PC version and I'll be playing it using my wired 360 controller.

It should run very very good on even older PCs, and even with the graphical improvements since it's an old game that came out on consoles that were already out of the PC league by the time the game came out.

TMorford

FYI, I saw this thread last week and checked around on the internet. It actually comes out today, 9-12-17. I had my local game store set a copy aside and they called me saying it is ready for pick up.

Nevermind, both my brothers have a PS4 and will probably pick it up. Just added to my amazon cart, says its out on the 14th though

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

It is by far NOT the best racing game out there. Its the nostalgia of being able to use locally owned race cars, even 516s.

I posted about this on FB yesterday and apparently my friend still has my 360 version. Might have to pick it up as I know they are not easy to find

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

TMorford

I've never played the original so it'd be new to me lol
Its like this Ivan Stewart arcade game with more classes:

It is by far NOT the best racing game out there. Its the nostalgia of being able to use locally owned race cars, even 516s.
Agreed. I recognized a lot of names from when I started racing (12ish years ago) that aren't around anymore.

JayQC

They did not mess with the physics, meaning the simulation is still top notch and throttle control and anticipation is still the most important aspect of the game.

Thank god they didn't dumb it down too much.