• Forum membership has its advantages....

Baja Finishers

Vtr_Racing

Congratulations all Baja 1000 finsishers. What a great feeling it is to finish that race. Would like to send a special congratulations to Billy Bunch and John Kearney winning Class 3. My Dad was wondering about you guys. As far as the coverage goes, I,m not complaining, I appreciate any info from down there. The only way we used to be able to get information out of Mexico was thru their messed up phone system and you were lucky if you got connected. Let alone the outrageous phone bill for the collect call to Mom and Dad. So I think we have it much better but as always it can be better.
Marc Choquette

Speed Safely

Jimmy8

looks like Rob Maccachren is on way to do the unthinkable this year. He won the SCORE and CORR points, pretty much has BITD locked in if he finishes the 200, and the SNORE points is looking pretty promising as well, since he is leading those. It sure would be nice to see him in a class 8 or TT again.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

Jimmy8

It also sucks to here that may have been Sourapas's last race. You had a heck of a career Steve, and good luck in the future.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

Josh_Westwood

Does anyone know what he will be doing with the car? Is it sold? Will he be selling it? Asking price?. I am very interested in it.

Jimmy8

I dont know, its a really nice car though.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Josh,

Steve's car had a For Sale sticker on it when it crossed the finish line. Thats as much as I know. And Steve said "he plans to take a year off and spend sometime with his faimly".

Tony

scott

Jimmy, I was talking to Rob @ Primm and he said definately he wants to built a complete new TT, he just needed the sponsorship. He would have Nye Frank build it.

Jimmy8

With all the new TT's being built, I would say the class is alive again. cant wait until mines done.

John Bitting

Administrator
Yes Steve's car is for sale.. I talked to him yesterday..Truly a sad day for racing.. I am a huge Sourapas fan.. Something about a sitting in the dez drinking a cold corona/coors and having a car fly by with the logo on it... You cant help but not pull for him, plus he is a great guy... His car just had the front end redone before Primm to run the 35"s up front.. Somebody will be buying a very nice car.. He also just put the new big Mendeola box (5spd I think) in it.. I dont know about price though..

scott

John what happened to you on the Toll Road??? Urination Station ???? You were coming up on us then pulled over. We were in a BoxVan/Motorhome combo.... Also talked to a big Vildosola Rep, and saw the pics of the New TT, looking good. Chassis, Front Lower & Upper Arms done and Lower Trailing Arms hung..... They said to look for it @ the Laughlin Desert Challenge....

John Bitting

Administrator
Full Pull was behind me coming to my house to watch some race videos and have dinner.. He had to go through the toll booth and I went fastrack so I pulled over and waited for him to catch up. I was checking out that motorhome, crazy with the rear like a trailer... Vildosolas truck is real nice you can also see it on the Geiser bros site.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geiserbros.com>www.geiserbros.com</A>

toddz

Would Sourapas be selling his ex-Walker Ramcharger too??? I love that truck!

Todd Z.

Jimmy8

I am sure he will keep the pre runner

Jimmy8

Final results along with what put the none finishers out are up at Tony T's site. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.elchineroconcepts.com>www.elchineroconcepts.com</A>