• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic Baja insurance

NIKAL

Ditto Baja Bound.

ffdfrontman

Another for Bajabound. Great people and great service. They support the 1156 race team in a big way which helps us stay on the road in MX beyond racing, for the orphanage too.

JIM BORDEN

Not knocking Baja Bound but I just bought my yearly insurance from the Vagabundos. Much cheaper. Same coverage. Has to be my tenth year or so

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

ACME

Baja bound is great as is Alex Patterson and we have used both. We have an older Bronco (c/o, bypass, Deavers, bumps, 35's etc) that they could not offer anything other than limited full coverage on. Instant Mex the "SCORE" suggested provider offered "declared value full coverage" for the value we wanted but we have to be able to substantiate it with pics and receipts.

I always liked working with the aforementioned but they did not have an option online for anything older than 1999 and our Bronco is a '91. And after calling we were told we could not cover it for the real value through them period. Just info for consideration as it all depends on the coverage you want...

A little research told me that SCORE worked with Instant Mex to cover prerunners/chase trucks and retrieval vehicles.

Last edited:

MasTacos

Bajabound for sure. Beware of buying insurance because it's cheaper. Insurance is a hedge against what might happen and going cheap means you're going to get what you pay for.

JIM BORDEN

I guess ten years of buying doesn't mean anything. Buy wherever you want. I don't think any one insurance carrier works for every one. If you are just buying for a race it probably doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert