BAJA MEX 300 Pre-Run

slowguy

Reaction
Just got back from pre-running the BITD Baja Mex 300 course and I have some news for you guys. Come Prepared for a FULL day of racing. The course is a great mixture of terrain. Lots of new track and some really, really new parts (Give Casey Folks a Bulldozer and you get track). Plenty of the old course thrown in for the nostalgic but lots and lots of new track. Some of it fast, some of it slow. All of it fun. The run from trinidad to llanos colorado is very very fast and tricky. The run to the coast from llanos colorado is absolutely cool and the run down to Tomas is a blast!!! There are more than a few jungle washes to play with and lots of tight twisty in the *hills. Don't want to spill all of the frioles - but will say *thanks* to casey and BITD for a well layed out, nicely marked and interesting course. Great Stuff!!!

deleted

----
Reaction
I also went prerunning last weekend. It was one of the best race courses i have ever been on.

Matt Scaroni
SMD Motorsports/ Protruck 27 / Excursion 4111

MARK

Reaction
I pre ran the second half of the course on sat. it was the most fun ride ive had since i started back riding. We are going back down this weekend as well, and i hope the cars and trucks have knocked down some of the toolies in the sand wash after santo tomas, once some groves get worked in, this course is going to be the bomb!!!

MARK

Reaction
Hey Matt, That was Dennis Boyle and I on the bikes that ran with you for awhile. The only big mistake we made was eating to much at Santa Tomas and than riding another 40 mi. See you next week.
Mark: Motion Tire Motorsports/N2S Racing

RacerX

Reaction
Mark... I was riding in the car when we first ran into you at pit 4. I t was fun running with you guys. It made it easy when we had to open and close the gates. The new section after the light house was fun. It wasnt fun running through all those bushes on the newly maked course. We were practically plowing the race line. See ya at the Baja Mex Race.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Does anybody have an official entry list?

See ya in the dirt!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Does anyone have the actual map of the course or knows where I can get a copy of it...???

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
You cant get a copy unless you are on the entry list or have a hook up. BITD ddoes not post the maps, they ahndout a pit support book with race course and pit information including detailed maps.

Kris

rdc

Reaction
That kinda sucks...how are we (spectators) supposed to know the race course ? I guess I will have to find out with the guys at Estero Beach...Thank's...

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
BITD is not spectator friendly, but very racer friendly. I think the reason they dont give out maps is so nobody but racers and pit support know where to go...a safety thing is what I was told. None of the turns on the highways are marked for pits...you gotta go by mileage in the pitbook, which I think is bad, but if Casey says it is safer...then great.

Kris

rdc

Reaction
Yup...that's understandable...but Off Road is pretty much the national sport in Baja...and spectators are a very important part of the sport down there. I guess Casey needs to realize that if he wnats to be successfull un future races in Baja. There is (as all off road fans know) a huge diference between racing in the US and racing in Baja. There aren't that many restrictions and hassles placed by the goverment, and that's what probably attracts more racers. I just hope that BITD starts considering spectators a little more...

Gabe Lara

Reaction
That may very well be true, and I am one for keeping a race as safe as possible, but it is Mex...
Gotta love the races down there!

My $.02, anyways...

-Gabe

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Well 2/3 or about, is the same as the score course so if you know that course you will be fine. Also Casey said he is sending out Rovers in the morning pre race to mark boobytraps or to wait there and warn the racers, which I think is totally bitchen.

Kris

rdc

Reaction
I guess I'm all disoriented because I saw at BITD that the race is starting at Estero...so I'm kinda confused where is it going from there...is it going through San Carlos wash or some other route...Any info would be appreciated...