Baja Mil - Where would you shoot?

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
If you were gonna film the Baja 1000 (video not stills) where would you go to shoot? and why?

Dirtworks Films

Reaction
Do a search it has been discussed many timed.

ace_photo

GET SOME
Reaction
Sounds like you need to do some prerunning......

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
i was thinking since the course is a bit different since the last discussion.

i'm gonna pre-run most of the course to check it out for myself but i was kinda curious what other people thought going into to it.

either way.

ace_photo

GET SOME
Reaction
I was just messin with ya Chip. There are some good sections out there, but you gotta figure what you can get before it gets dark..

It's gonna be fun, can't wait!

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
Sounds like you need to do some prerunning......
you know i wasn't asking so i didn't have to do my own homework. i was just curious what other people thought. no big deal.

it's not like it's some big secret.

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
no worries. it's too frickin' cold here in oregon today to recognize sarcasm.

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Paris De Noche.

haha... good one. Now with these tiny inexpensive flash memory cameras, I can tape a tiny camera up on the wall at Paris and let the good times roll~ Remember....
What happens at Paris stays on YouTube FOREVER!!!!!~~~~~:D:):eek:

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
Reaction
Are you looking to stay at one spot and get all vehicles or do you want to find multiple spots to get footage and only get a few classes and keep moving?

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
i'm interested in places for this race. Pre-running is almost more important to me this time. my goal is to try to start dealing with some of the questions that i want answered in my flick. mostly: what is it about Baja that makes it so special and why is it so much fun out in the middle of nowhere?

on race day its gonna be follow the leaders for the most part. hopefully get 3 locations. one somewhere before Laguna Salada another before the San Felipe loop and then maybe jam to the coast or the finish or somewhere else. i'd film everybody who makes it to my last location until i fall asleep.

if during "pre-running" i find a good story line to follow i could easily change plans.

that's the plan so far.

mexgamer

Reaction
Paris De Noche.
LOL

i would film from RM410 to RM420 because the course goes along the highway and you could get some great videos, but it might be dark already by the time the trucks get to there... but you can still film the motorcycles.

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
In all seriousness, if you can afford the $$$cost, I would hire a chopper with refueling capabilities, and you can get some good stuff. I would kick in a few hundred $$$ to ride and shoot vid. Short of that, I would get mobile with an enduro bike - you can get in and out of Mikes and Simpsons and back down to the coast. That is my plan.

Tipracer

Reaction
if you are really gonna do this get the areas that everybody talks about but you never see on vid or film....Mikes, Simpsons, SF whoops, flat out on the laguna, you get the idea....do some original stuff...not just everyone off the start line

JL Gomez

Reaction
If you were gonna film the Baja 1000 (video not stills) where would you go to shoot? and why?
The last Baja 500 I was at MM 90, is a nice place to shoot, there are a huge whoops, and just a few spectators.

Ckeck out the spot I´m talking about at 1:44 in this video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnBcKetHBrA"]YouTube - 41 TECATE SCORE BAJA 500 2009 CACTUS FILMS[/ame]

swiftracing5

Reaction
Cactus nailed exactly what I was gonna mention in his video. Borrego area, Silt shortcut after St. Tomas, Erindera(wash or rock whoops), Beach section, even stuff around the finish is always cool to see. Make it your own special video, find some sick spots. Everyone likes to see themselves on video no matter what. Good luck. I cant wait to get down there.

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
In all seriousness, if you can afford the $$$cost, I would hire a chopper with refueling capabilities, and you can get some good stuff. I would kick in a few hundred $$$ to ride and shoot vid. Short of that, I would get mobile with an enduro bike - you can get in and out of Mikes and Simpsons and back down to the coast. That is my plan.
if i do go for some heli shots in my movie i was going to do it the next 500. i'll let you know. i'm afraid to call corporate heli to find out how much.