baja pits and SCORE map

adriel

Reaction
If u look at both maps, their totally different at the begining. which one is correct? I keep reading that it is the same course as last year. can someone clarify?

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
Reaction
If u look at both maps, their totally different at the begining. which one is correct? I keep reading that it is the same course as last year. can someone clarify?
The SCORE map is correct (for obvious reasons).

The 2008 and 2009 courses are almost the same but there are a few minor differences. It appears the biggest difference is from start to ojos, just based on the mileage and where the outbound course crosses hwy 3. So this changes the race miles slightly (i.e. checkpoint 1 is in the same location, but in 2008 it was RM 91.5, but this year it's RM 87.32.)

Since the courses are so similar, and since Sal announced a while ago that it would be generally the same course as 2008, Baja Pits just used the same map as last year to show where the pits would probably be, and released their map early.

I'm sure the pits will be in the same spots as last year, but they will be at slightly different race miles than what you see on the Baja Pits map. Hopefully Carlos at Baja Pits will update the pit race miles if he hasn't already.

I would only use the Baja Pits map to get a general idea of where the pits will be. The SCORE map is 'Official'.

Last edited:

cancholaJR

Reaction
the only diference from last years course are a few sections from the first 100 miles, the rest of them are exactly the same.

adriel

Reaction
cool, from what i understand on the SCORE map, course is through the rollers at Ojos correct?