• Forum membership has its advantages....

***Baja Racing of Texas presents The CHUPACABRA 300***

Dirtracer 619

Man o man someone has to figure out these foam problems. seems like every race someone is down and out with breaking down foam What your not supposed to get
3 years from $250 bucks of foam

Wiffel balls??

hotdogwater

Teamgravy Racing 1201 recap. We had problems from showing up. pushrod tube leaking in the trailer from the drive over, cheap o-ring in head end of tube is pinched and leaking. decide to do the right thing and pull the head and replace the seal so we don't have a massive oil leak from the start, we take our time and pull the head, replace all the pushrod tube seals, and clean and reseal jugs and head. So no time for pre-running before the qualifying so we are just hoping to sight in the new lights after. After a few short runs and lights aimed properly and no oil leaks we are ready to race.

Race day was a little different story. Have wrong GPS data loaded and are not able to rely on map data for some of the race. Made a new trail, marked the danger and managed to pass 2 cars running and the pole leader broke before the engine started sputtering and running rough. running (if you keep in the gas) the back two cylinders are not firing (pipes are not hot) and we are in a silty area before mid lap pit. Radio in the problem and to get tools to hot pit and make it around to diagnose the issue. Chase gets it running and somehow a tack wire made it not fire on two cylinders. We take off on back half of lap and make it around until a deep silt bed and weak rear brakes at mile 42ish and we are into a small tree. Tree wasn't as small as I thought.

Shock perch strips out on lap 2 but repaired thanks to the Teamgravy Racing crew and Allen giving us parts from his car already out of the race.

Lap 3 Chase and Travis take a detour through some woods but bring it around when I get in after dark for my first night race. Black Knight Lighting HID conversion on the Baja Designs Lights worked great. Making some quick time we got a little off course in a tight silt section at mile 4/5 and broke the transaxle trying to get out. Sorry to anyone we held up trying to get off the course.

With no forward gears either we were done. The team worked very hard for the 3+ laps but the course won this time.

We did take home some hardware though...
trophy.jpg

Thanks again all...
Daryl

RACENEWMEXICO

I had a great time and texana ranch is the coolest race3 track in the world!!!!!!!!!!animals everywhere,swimming pool in the pits,WOW!!!!!!!!!
We raced 11 hours in class 3 but hit the time limit.Thank you to all my crew and my wife for doing what you had to do to get it done!!!!motor mount broke 2 times so we lost alot of time .Congrat to mike pinkston and crew!Cant wait for the next one next year!!!!!!!!!!We got the class 3 overall points championship!and 1200 bucks!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Faulk9

Big thanks to Danny Webb and Rick Geiser!!!!!!!!!.....also to some of my new team, Storm (15 years old and can turn a wrench), Colton and Turbo Texas.....with out you we could not have made it.

Attachments

Wild bill

Faulk9,
Nice pic of the "TT God" Rick Geiser working on your ride. Shows how in TX everyone helps everyone.

Wanna say thanks to everyone who helped access the damages on the truck and also thanks for the help with the repairs. Thanks guys from 4 wheel specialties, Pistol Pete, and Rick Geiser. Big thanks to everyone and see y'all in March.

steve0we

The entire TA Racing team had a blast at the event! Thanks to everyone that volunteered the time, energy, money and tallent to make the 2011 season a complete success. Ross creek did a 1st class job as always, with dedication and ability like few others. The class 5 unlimited ran great all day, minus power steering, but the team finished in fine fashion with a first in class and first overall for the season. Well done Andrew M. and Danny W. in completing another great season. I would once again like to thank Steve Griffith for a bulletproof chassis and great design!

I would like to say thank you to all of the teams that attended the event. Your dedication to the sport we all love is amazing, and the efforts that you put out make Texas racing not just a race, but a complete experience. I am not sure what my roll will be next year with the BRT, but I know I look forward to seeing you all in the dirt!

Steve Tyo

4x4nutz

Wanna say thanks to everyone who helped access the damages on the truck and also thanks for the help with the repairs. Thanks guys from 4 wheel specialties, Pistol Pete, and Rick Geiser. Big thanks to everyone and see y'all in March.
Glad to help brother! The guys from 4 Wheel Specialties were Billy Wilson (my step son), and Taylor Mills. I had already had 5 or 6 beers, so I stayed on the sidelines rather than get in the way. In another incident, I saw crew members from as many as 7 or 8 teams helping lift a TT to help replace a shock (there were easily 15 people lifting). It's great when you see Jesse's, Norman's, and Zorba Racing's crew's members out there helping another another crew in a competitive TT get it fixed and back on the track.

Special thanks to the Baja Racing of Texas Crew for all of their support getting the Frontline2Finishline team out to the race and to the finishline. Shannon from BRT gave a great Co-Driver class the night before and some sound advice that kept our truck together through the entire 300+ miles. The 2009 Teryx ran flawlessly in the motor and drivetrain department thanks to our new partner Central Texas Powersports. We had a small alternator/battery draining problem during lap 6 due to the addition of all the HID lights, but the recovery crew got us up and running again with a little over a 45 minute break in the action and we were back on the course. Despite running it down to the wire before the midnight timeline, the team finished happy and dirty at 11:53 pm with the truck still running. Special thanks to the teams who made donations to the Wounded Warriors at the Center for the Intrepid! We have now raised over $3k dollars for wounded warriors and hope to raise over $10k for wounded veterans during next year's season. See everyone in March and congrats to all the winners. Oh and one last note...we love Texana Ranch, but the cannon gives us veterans a little bit of PTSD. For more information about donating to Wounded Veterans or getting Combat Veterans involved in desert racing, please email us @ frontline2finishline@yahoo.com

TT#54

The Pope of Welding
Special thanks to the Baja Racing of Texas Crew for all of their support getting the Frontline2Finishline team out to the race and to the finishline. Shannon from BRT gave a great Co-Driver class the night before and some sound advice that kept our truck together through the entire 300+ miles. The 2009 Teryx ran flawlessly in the motor and drivetrain department thanks to our new partner Central Texas Powersports. We had a small alternator/battery draining problem during lap 6 due to the addition of all the HID lights, but the recovery crew got us up and running again with a little over a 45 minute break in the action and we were back on the course. Despite running it down to the wire before the midnight timeline, the team finished happy and dirty at 11:53 pm with the truck still running. Special thanks to the teams who made donations to the Wounded Warriors at the Center for the Intrepid! We have now raised over $3k dollars for wounded warriors and hope to raise over $10k for wounded veterans during next year's season. See everyone in March and congrats to all the winners. Oh and one last note...we love Texana Ranch, but the cannon gives us veterans a little bit of PTSD. For more information about donating to Wounded Veterans or getting Combat Veterans involved in desert racing, please email us @ frontline2finishline@yahoo.com

Hey pretty great thing you guys have going on! I am going to have The BRT guys send the Overall Win money I won directly to Frontline2Finishline. So give Chris a call and make sure he gets it to you.

Hope to see you guys again soon!

Oh and Sorry again for rubbing up against you guys on that drop off.

Jesse
TT#54

REDNECK

Congrats to all the class winners and #54 on the overall. We had a pretty good day with only one flat, driver error, and were happy to finish. We saw quite a few cars sitting, so we know our day could have went sour also. The course was great, some 100mph plus areas and some super slow tight turns in the woods. There was rough loose rocky hills, off camber turns, twisty flat trails around trees, and even a silt hill climb. A beautiful day with a good turn out of racers and spectators and nice breeze to blow away the dust, till nightfall. All you guys that didn't make it should consider a Texas race. All the BRT folks, Ross Creek folks, Beal family, and all the volunteers did a super fine job and are very much appreciated by me. Again thanks to the folks that helped me finish were I did, 2nd overall and 1st class 1. Car 1514 SCRAP'N

desertdoggy

The event is going well and racers already in the pits. Jesse James took a ride around the course on his bike and had a blast! Glad to see another racer having a good time. IRC TRACKING IS $130.00 total............. no additional charges. IRC has the wrong entry form online. NO OTHER CHARGES FROM IRC. On a bad note... we had a racer have issues losing his car/ truck/ trailer headed to the event. He is safe, but its pretty ugly. Please check your rigs, take your time, and be safe!!!! Lets go racing!
Guys, check your tires on your tow rigs! We were on our way to the race from Albuquerque when we had a left front tire blow out. It pulled us into the median which sheared the control arm off the steering box. With no steering we proceededover the median across on coming traffic, through a 3 foot ditch and into the retaining wall at the Clovis military base. These were were Michelins that were 3~4 years old with 80% tread. Who knew the most dangerous part of racing was getting there ? Gordon Self 1044

Attachments

4x4nutz

Hey pretty great thing you guys have going on! I am going to have The BRT guys send the Overall Win money I won directly to Frontline2Finishline. So give Chris a call and make sure he gets it to you.

Jesse
TT#54
That's the way this dude rolls. Thanks for hangin with us Jesse.

Jesse- thanks so much for your support of the Troops brother! Racing out there with such high caliber racers was an honor and a blast. All the donations from the race are going directly to our Wounded Warrior brothers and sisters at theCenter for the Intrepid. And speaking from up close and personal knowledge- TT54 can move!

BajaRacingofTexas

Jesse
TT#54
Jesse that's a great thing that you are doing. The Frontline to Finishline guys are an amazing group and we are all very proud and honored to have them be part of what we are doing here in Texas. I will contact Major Gallardo tomorrow and get the funds sent over. Also, I will get your award sent to you this week. Thanks for coming out and congratulations again on your Overall victory.

racyn

Had a blast stalking the pits at the Chupacabra!!!

Attachments

RACENEWMEXICO

guys, check your tires on your tow rigs! We were on our way to the race from albuquerque when we had a left front tire blow out. It pulled us into the median which sheared the control arm off the steering box. With no steering we proceededover the median across on coming traffic, through a 3 foot ditch and into the retaining wall at the clovis military base. These were were michelins that were 3~4 years old with 80% tread. Who knew the most dangerous part of racing was getting there ? Gordon self 1044
glad you and alex is ok!