Baja Roads Marked with Orange Clover Arrows and White Ribbons ?

CHINOLAS

Reaction
By any chance, anyone knows what event uses Glow Orange Arrows with a Clover and White Ribbons in Baja?

Roads are currently closed due to this either tour or race promoter marking a course without having the proper permits to use the roads, neither I imagine they have an Environmental Impact Study or pay a permit from the government.

fullsizeoutput_3126.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_310f.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3118.jpeg

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
@CHINOLAS That's a yearly fun-ride/fund-raiser moto & UTV ride put on by Dempsey family and Oneal (long time moto racers).
They did that last week.
I'M NOT PART OF IT.
Super bummer seeing so much pink ribbon and those arrows all over.

AZ7000'

Reaction
They go sweep the arrows and ribbon after the ride, right? They wouldn't just leave it as trash...

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
The good guys do. But years ago riding trails thru Baja, I'd see some local clubs that didnt strip the trails. Makes it harder for the other clubs to go ride when they do that. Locals just dont like it.

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
Yes they leave it as trash. It’s all over.

Who actually strips ribbons/arrows other than Los Ancianos m/c?
I don’t think anyone does.

Another one (been moto’ing Baja as long and often as me and this being an issue I’m passionate about) that pisses me off is the UTMA, Utah Trail Machine Assn. Their motto is like “conservancy & courtesy” or some BS but they leave tons of trash in Baja. Yes I know it’s them how they tie their ribbons. Another group that thinks just cuz it’s México they can leave trash all over. Kooks!

y2kbaja

Reaction
We need biodegradable or dis-solvable course markings.

stewwalker

Reaction
Is SCORE supposed to strip the course? I've seen old faded SCORE markers before...

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
Timmy is correct.
I spent many a weekend after a race back when I was a club member of the Los Ancianos m/c, striping our course markings, along with other marking that we found left out on the trails.

It's always been, at least for me, take out more than you brought in. We still do it in our Baja Fools pits as well.

Chainguide

Reaction
they should mark them with tacos instead :) I bet there wouldn't be a trace of them leftover!