• Forum membership has its advantages....

Baja Stepside Chevy

MAC FAB

Welcome aboard. Looks great. I was watching the video and thought "That thing handles like crap!". Then I remembered you are running leaf springs. Well done. Nice, scale build, thanks for letting us see her belly at the end. Another "no trailer queens" member!!!.

sb4pro

Awesome job , Idk if you've seen mine but mine is a RC4WD Trailfinder 2 with a Tamiya Ford F-350 body . What chassis and body did you use ? Mine also uses leaf springs and I really like it . Still debating on my next project , either I'm gonna do a Mega Truck mud truck or maybe a Tamiya Fast Attack buggy and give it an old school desert racer look . Again AWESOME JOB ;)

Welcome aboard. Looks great. I was watching the video and thought "That thing handles like crap!". Then I remembered you are running leaf springs. Well done. Nice, scale build, thanks for letting us see her belly at the end. Another "no trailer queens" member!!!.
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, leaf springs all round. I'd love to have the engineering skills to make some independent front wishbones but on the other hand I quite like the stock nature of the bounce hehe.

Awesome job , Idk if you've seen mine but mine is a RC4WD Trailfinder 2 with a Tamiya Ford F-350 body . What chassis and body did you use ? Mine also uses leaf springs and I really like it . Still debating on my next project , either I'm gonna do a Mega Truck mud truck or maybe a Tamiya Fast Attack buggy and give it an old school desert racer look . Again AWESOME JOB ;)
Thank you so much, I also used a TF2. The cab is cut from the RC4WD Blazer body and the bed is a custom build. I'm torn on what to do next, I have a Sand Scorcher that I'd like to pimp a little and try to make more realistic. I also used to race a Kyosho Tomahawk back in the day and would quite like one of those. I like the sound of your FAB project though.

I like your F-350 build, your scale accessories are very well done.

Last edited:

sb4pro

If I do the Mega Truck I'm thinking of using the Axial Max-D monster truck . I saw a YouTube vid where a guy did one with the Grave Digger . He went ahead a used the taller thinner Tractor tires for his but I wanna use either Ground Hawgs or maybe the RC4WD Intimidator sand paddles . For the body I thinking the J Concepts Raptor .
Kinda nit picky but you should change the number on the side . The " 506 " ( which I know you stole from your Sand Scorcher ) is used for Baja bugs . Your truck is an old school class 8 like this
IMG_5563.JPG
On another note where did you get your window net or did you make it ? If so do ya have any extra ?

If I do the Mega Truck I'm thinking of using the Axial Max-D monster truck . I saw a YouTube vid where a guy did one with the Grave Digger . He went ahead a used the taller thinner Tractor tires for his but I wanna use either Ground Hawgs or maybe the RC4WD Intimidator sand paddles . For the body I thinking the J Concepts Raptor .
Kinda nit picky but you should change the number on the side . The " 506 " ( which I know you stole from your Sand Scorcher ) is used for Baja bugs . Your truck is an old school class 8 like this
View attachment 179658
On another note where did you get your window net or did you make it ? If so do ya have any extra ?
Hi, yes needs must hehe, would be nice to get some custom vinyls made up with the correct number on. I got the window net from Ebay, Tamiya - Lowlski 1/10 Window Netting to fit SAND SCORCHER - MONSTER BEETLE | eBay.