• Forum membership has its advantages....

Baja Strong - Off Roaders Hurricane Relief

Jim_Dizney

Any chance of a drop point in San Diego Open on tomorrow This Saturday? , I have a squatted full long bed truck filled and heading from Phoenix early in the morning and would rather unload it than have it sitting in the back until Monday ?
If you can meet me in Alpine today I'll transport your items to Mastercraft on Monday...Jim

mgobaja

Just back from Kartek, two truck loads, 1st of food, 2nd of diapers and wipes, donated by CHECKERS OFF ROAD.

Thank you Curt for being there and thank you KARTEK for providing the location and facilities

Curt LeDuc

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1411922792.680050.jpg
We had a great turn out at Kartek with 6 pallets of food collected. Thanks to my friends who donated and help load and to the people that I do not know who came out with there kids and donated as well. Cameron wants to collect for 6 weeks. This is a picture of Reed,Amber and Kyle son who helped. The Checkers club raised $2000 to buy items for this effort, we all thank you,Currie enterprise donated 2 pallets as well! So lets keep it going.

At the Lucas race at lake Ellsanore the Pappas and Beer team will be collecting at there pit,supplies for Baja Strong as well so I'm asking everyone to buy 1 extra can of food a week and bring it to the track any nite they attend and show support!!
Teams and spectators alike,just think 5 cans x 2000 fans of Baja = a chance to pay back for all those SUNSETS in the middle of nowhere. See you at the races

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

drtrider145

met up today with the guys from the Vildosolas shop , nice guys and cool shop ,they had already taken 2 semi trucks full of stuff and had enough for at least another Semi full , thanks to all those in Phoenix that got the goods to me to take

Attachments

CRAIG_HALL

Costco pallet of water sent!

JaysinDesignz

Good news today San Jose Cabo Airport has a few international flights scheduled for Oct 9th!!!

Michael Kowitz

For Immediate Release

Mike Kowitz 602-619-0749
Mike O’Donnell 602-315-4892

Baja Strong Off-Roaders Hurricane Relief

Multiple metro Phoenix Donation locations on October 17 & 18, 2014

Phoenix, AZ - October 15, 2014- After hearing about the devastation from the Category 3 Hurricane Odile that hit the vacation destination of Cabo San Lucas and the surrounding Baja Sur Peninsula, Mike Kowitz, co-driver of the #84 Trophy Truck team of Nick Vanderwey, and Mike O’Donnell, owner of the Class 5’s Irish Renegade Racing, teamed up and organized several relief drop off locations for donations this coming weekend around the metro Phoenix area.

In conjunction with the Facebook campaign at https://www.facebook.com/OffRoadersHurricaneRelief we are asking members of the off-road community and their friends throughout the metro Phoenix area to help support the essential needs of the Baja communities that are enjoyed by many Arizona residence. All donations will be collected at the end of the weekend, and transported to Vildosola Racing in San Diego.

On Friday October 17th and Saturday October 18th, donations are being accepted at all metro Phoenix Desert Rat retail locations. Go to https://www.desertrat.com/stores/ to find a location near you.

On Saturday October 18th Baja Strong will have a donation drop-off location set up at the main entrance of the “Bites ‘n Brews” Craft Beer Festival at Central Ave and Washington in downtown Phoenix at Cityscape from 1P-6P. More information here -> http://bitesbrews.com/. You will receive $5 off your entry into the event with a donation to Baja Strong Off-Roaders Hurricane Relief.

Items that are needed for these families include:

• Canned food/goods of any kind
• Bottled water
• Diapers
• Bleach
• Cleaning supplies
• Buckets
• Brooms
• Towels / blankets

——— PLEASE NO MEAT, VEGETABLES OR FRUITS ———

If you would like more information about this effort to help Baja Strong

Please contact Mike Kowitz at 602-619-0749 or Mike O’Donnell at 602-315-4892

pez26

Just imagine if we spent this same amount of time and effort here in the states when we have natural disasters.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today