BAJA THEFT ...... Is it back ?

Quailhunter

Covert Troll.
Reaction
Someone always needs to stand guard.....if not in secured parking.

Fourstroker

Reaction
Plenty of people have had stuff stolen in Parker and Laughlin. Ask around. People all over the world are scum bags. Not just Baja.

Put us down as one of those in Parker. Thankfully we got it all back

deano

McDeano
Reaction
Yep - we got robbed right behind Las Brisas our favorite taco shop. 2 bags of clothes, 2 HVX Cameras, 1 drone.

Almost 20k in equipment! That one hurt! The broke into the camper shell of the truck happened in less that 20 minutes.

Hopefully some talented kid ends up with the cameras.

Damm sorry to hear Matt and team .. That's a big hit, you're right. The truck that was stolen from the Corona parking lot was this one (see picture)
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1448944727.474547.jpg
... Kinda hard to miss !!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

9rocky

Reaction
We had four brand new Robby wheels with brand new Toyo Projects stolen from the Cannery parking lot in Vegas before. With security riding around on bikes. Cut the cable and lock and $3 grand goes bye bye. Pat is right, douchebags everywhere.

Ilovebaja

Reaction
Usually if its paid parking we tell the guys to please watch our stuff, they know there is a tip if nothing is takin, and it seems this year was bad due to being a holiday and most not working, bummer probably need to use a big fat chain around an enclosed box or trailer, I feel ashamed this is happening

Germain Duron

Reaction
There's Microchips out there you can buy and put them on your Car, Trailer or Race truck.

Just attach a magnet to it, and put it on the bottom on the Trailer or Truck and you can track and find your things easily if they get lost or stolen.

But, it will cost $$$$

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

Reaction
mhttp://www.ravelco.com/index.html Myself I realize I am going into a country with a good amount of less than middle class people if you will. We always go overboard with cable locks as well as a cable/chain through seat feame and steering wheel. I believe it was 2007 I came out to my drivers door wide open but truck was still there with steering wheel locked. Since then I've looked into Ravelco. Nothing will stop a thief but you can cut the temptation and possibly keep your ride with a couple more minutes of hauling your stuff to your room and keeping it out of site when looking into the vehicle. A padlock on the steering wheel kept my truck in its "guarded hotel parking lot" and I replaced my door lock at home.
And for those that did fall prey, man i'm truly sorry. thieves just suck.

deano

McDeano
Reaction
Put us down as one of those in Parker. Thankfully we got it all back

Ya we got hit in Parker back in the DA days in front of my own house in the keys. But thankfully, with my inside local investigation (& Trent Beaver FBI agent) we found all of our stuff. Yes stuff gets stolen everywhere, I was merely trying to see if his years race was just a few isolated hits, or was it multiple hits ? and it seems it was leaning towards the multiple side ... It's not a knock on Baja, its humanity !!

Baja Fool

Reaction
Also have heard of stuff being stolen out of the back of trucks in the Buffalo Bills parking lot as well.

And on a more personal experience when I was helping the Greaves one year at Chula Vista, somebody walked out of our pit with a brand new hood. Like I said. Scum bags everywhere.

Agreed, I am much more comfortable with my gear in the Bahia or San Nicolas parking lots than at Buffalo Bills. Haul your stuff up to your room, pain in the ass but given the alternative....a**holes are everywhere. My experience......

swiftracing5

Reaction
People take spares to BaP?