BAJA THEFT ...... Is it back ?

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Website
www.compdoor.com
I have to give a BIG shout out to Juan Carlos @ www.Bajavoyager.com , this is the first time I have used his services in Baja. He was able to get me rooms quickly at a last minutes notice and even found me another room the day before we arrived. He and his guys were onsite to make sure all went well when we arrived. We stayed at the Villa Marina for the first time.They had excellent security at all times and Juan's people also provided off site secured trailer parking on a main street. We were defiantly exposed and could easily had problems.
We had ZERO ISSUES !!! We have now booked our NORRA rooms with Juan and are on the room list for the Baja 500 and 1000. I brought 3 guys who had never been to the 1000, they had their virginity stolen and love it.

Baja_Seve

Reaction
You have a point, Angry Issues. And everyone else will clamor that "all is well in Baja, no worse crime in the U.S.!" And have their reasons for propogating that. It's a standard plug from US Baja ex-pats to dissuade/reduce what reality is. "Oh, it's just as bad in the U.S.!" mantra.
Yea, I believe from personal observation that crime was again high: Carbones, and the paid parking lots south of start/finish.
I do my usual diligence in where I park and where I leave my stuff. Nothing new here. Move along.
rdc1_zpslhnnygvk.jpg
[/URL
rdc2_zps4usv1vrx.jpg
[/URL]

Rock Donkey

Reaction
Barstow thieves have stole more from me in one trip than a dozen trips to Baja. Food for thought...

07FJRog

Reaction
So what I have learned so far.
1. Dont stay anywhere in Barstow or buffalo bills.
2. Dont leave your stuff near the potato restaurant in mex.
3. Dont put your wifes wedding ring in a bag in the back of your truck.

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
But hear hear! Eat at this great place, but have a team member stay with your vehicles.

ok that place here? I want to know that potato place