Baja trip in the planning stages

Dezertpilot

Reaction

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Ryan...it is going to be fugg'n hot then. You have probably read PAB's thread about the RIP, and it was super hot in early May. In August you are going to melt. I usually go from Oct though April. Just my $.02.

Hayward Racing

Reaction
I would love to tag along but I am Baja rookie. What type of resources would this take to do?

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
Late August is a crap shoot. If you stayed along the coast it might not be too bad. But there really isn't a ride along the coast that will take up two days down and two up. And all the interior routes are going to be too hot to ride.

Have fun.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Thanks for the replies, its all tentative at the moment. Keep an eye on the thread for more details!

ML Racer

Reaction
Ryan, if you can wait until next year around November, I heard there were a few people heading to Cabo where we could all get together and plan a nice ride south:D

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Ryan, if you can wait until next year around November, I heard there were a few people heading to Cabo where we could all get together and plan a nice ride south:D
Someone call for a comedian?:confused: Ill take that trip also:)

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Do you have a general idea of where you want to go?
Not really, I am leaving the planning up to two of the more experienced baja riders. Feel free to join in and join the planning process, this is a trip open to almost anyone.

miguelitro

Reaction
Not really, I am leaving the planning up to two of the more experienced baja riders. Feel free to join in and join the planning process, this is a trip open to almost anyone.
No offense as I am on both boards and am way more offensive on DR, but if EVERYONE is invited they better bring their own chase trucks and you better be getting out a list of needed supplies for bikes and riders. it seems easy to those of us who know and throw together a bag and go but baja aint for fools(except the baja fools(thought about inviting them for support?)) and is very unforgiving, esp. in the summertime.
my dos pesos(from someone who posts up stuff but never expects anyone to come along but the regulars and trusted friends)...
that said, i will help to plan and recruit sweep drivers if the normal deal is applied(gas for the drive and beer paid at the end) hell I might just drive sweep:D
Mike

Dezertpilot

Reaction
No offense as I am on both boards and am way more offensive on DR, but if EVERYONE is invited they better bring their own chase trucks and you better be getting out a list of needed supplies for bikes and riders. it seems easy to those of us who know and throw together a bag and go but baja aint for fools(except the baja fools(thought about inviting them for support?)) and is very unforgiving, esp. in the summertime.
my dos pesos(from someone who posts up stuff but never expects anyone to come along but the regulars and trusted friends)...
that said, i will help to plan and recruit sweep drivers if the normal deal is applied(gas for the drive and beer paid at the end) hell I might just drive sweep:D
Mike
No offense taken! I said everyone is invited that can take care of them selves or thats what I hope. Im sure it will all get handled, I try to bring along my own spares and tend to over pack anyways:D

dirtdudeaz

Reaction
What's hot to all these guys that are responding? If it's 90 or something then give me a break. Come to phoenix and ride this summer and "train" for the baja trip if you need to. if you wear the right gear and drink lots of water, it's just warm.

Im down to go. it sounds fun

miguelitro

Reaction
What's hot to all these guys that are responding? If it's 90 or something then give me a break. Come to phoenix and ride this summer and "train" for the baja trip if you need to. if you wear the right gear and drink lots of water, it's just warm.

Im down to go. it sounds fun
over 85 is too hot, under 65 too cold:p
hey I live at the beach:D

Dave Simpson

Reaction
Ryan
In 2007 myself and three other guys pre ran from San Ignacio to Cabo. Tow of us rode bikes 600 miles in three days. The other two chased. It took a day to get to San Ignacio three more to Cabo another day back to San Ignacio to wait for my race car and then do it all over again. What a great trip! I have lots of experence in Baja and would love to help out. I have personal made maps with every road in Baja. Let me know what you might need.

Attachments

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Ryan
In 2007 myself and three other guys pre ran from San Ignacio to Cabo. Tow of us rode bikes 600 miles in three days. The other two chased. It took a day to get to San Ignacio three more to Cabo another day back to San Ignacio to wait for my race car and then do it all over again. What a great trip! I have lots of experence in Baja and would love to help out. I have personal made maps with every road in Baja. Let me know what you might need.
Ill need all the help I can get LOL, seriously.

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
FYI - there is a trip that looks like it could come together in early July that will be a lot of fun and you won't have to worry about logistics. Plan is for it to be open to everyone and I know some people who have a few chase trucks and such.......

Looking like we will know before I leave for the 500 on Friday. Not trying to say don't do your trip but just wanted you to know we have a little something up our sleeve for everyone.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
FYI - there is a trip that looks like it could come together in early July that will be a lot of fun and you won't have to worry about logistics. Plan is for it to be open to everyone and I know some people who have a few chase trucks and such.......

Looking like we will know before I leave for the 500 on Friday. Not trying to say don't do your trip but just wanted you to know we have a little something up our sleeve for everyone.
That would be really cool, when you know what the trip is going to consist of could you please let us know?

ML Racer

Reaction
Hey Ryan, I heard talk this PAB guy knows a little bit about Baja, I'd go down with him:D

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Hey Ryan, I heard talk this PAB guy knows a little bit about Baja, I'd go down with him:D
I am REALLY interested in this trip, I just want to make sure I wont be the one holding anyone up:p

motoman29

Reaction
He knows Baja, that is what makes him dangerous!!

He will take you on rides like Nichols and No Whimps. Thanks Again Cam for a great trip!!